Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gout

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Gout Reply with quote

Gout

I have a client who works a lot with her health---seems rather sensitive to many products---something agrees with her for awhile and then just cannot take it. Now is showing more arthritic signs--swollen, inflamed wrist, hip hurts, toe, knee ankle all seem to take the turns in bothering. She is not extremely acid and eats quite well. Does enzymes, oils, Joint Support, butchers Broom, Vari-Gone, Kidney Activator, Kidney and Lymph Drainage---when she does any cleansing, it seems to stir things up and she hurts more---wonder if the kidney and lymph drainage could do that? I feel she needs to keep both colon and kidneys working well so she gets rid of acids, etc. She has tried IF-C, MSM, HSN --Right now she is going to leave on a business trip and wonders what she could take to relieve some of these symptoms, particularly the swollen wrist---does seem to have auto-immune tendencies so try to be careful with that--but maybe we are missing something? Any ideas? -Geraldine Huisman
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Perhaps it's the concrete -- BUT, could it be possible that it's uric acid build-up? If so, Safflower (lots of it) and if they still have any of the homeopathic "Gout" might be helpful. That and a change of diet. Less meat and lots of veggies -- especially the green leafies. -Georgiana
Sounds like an "O" blood type to me! This cycle happens frequently with them, with something working well for awhile and then it doesn't seem to help anymore. Try switching her program every month until she gets to a place of stability in her health. My husband is an "O" so I get a lot of practice with him. He has 3 different maintenance programs that he knows to switch between every 4 - 6 weeks.

Yucca, paired with a green product, along with Flax Seed Oil or Omega 3's can bring down inflammation pretty quickly. You might try her on either the Barley Juice Powder or Alfalfa. And use large amounts at first, like 5 Yucca, 10 Alfalfa, and 2 Flax Seed Oil. Then have her take 1/2 that amount every hour until she feels better.

Believe it or not, you might have to talk with her about her colon. This could be an issue that you could pursue after she returns. I read once that there are more nerve endings in the colon than in the central nervous system! -Carol Martz
She may eat well for the average person, but not for her issues. First, she may want to try Safflowers, for the gout. Perhaps 4, 3 times a day will give her relief from the gout. Digestive enzymes are almost always needed by arthritic people.

Then I would suggest she find her food allergies that are the cause of her pain. I'm sure that's at the bottom of it. Does she eat for her blood type? That may be a place to start. Then the most likely foods that she may be allergic to could be red meats, and/or night shade veggies (tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant and peppers) She has to totally eliminate them for 2 - 4 weeks to see if the pain and inflamation subside. If it does, she is lucky, she can narrow it down from there.

IF NOT - I had posted a list to the NSP Email Forum awhile back of the foods most likely to cause this type of allergic reaction. She can test them in groups or all of them the same way as above. I have actually included this list as a handout.

ARTHRITIS TRIGGER FOODS
by J.R. Rogers

While there over 100 different kinds of arthritis, they all have one thing in common. There are one or more foods that the sufferer is allergic to. The most common food culprits are:

Sugar
Caffeine
Citrus
Salt
Red Meat
Dairy Products
Additives
Soft Drinks
Flour
Nightshades (Examples Below)
Eggplants
Red Peppers
Tomatoes
White Potatoes
Tobacco

You should make a note when you eat the above foods. If your arthritis pain becomes worse within 24 hours of eating any of the above, it is a good bet that you've found a food that aggravates your arthritis and that you should stay away from.

If you have Osteoarthritis and joint pain, I highly recommend learning more about a breakthrough product. NSP EverFlex, Stock #925-5
Janice McComb had suggested an "Arthritis Cocktail" : Noni Juice, Coral Calcium, Colloid Minerals (amounts as stated on bottles). Mix together and drink 2X daily. This will help reduce inflammation and helps correct the pH.
Devil's Claw is HIGHLY recommended.
And lastly, I saw an article that suggests that hair dyes used over a period of years can cause arthritis symptoms, which swelling of any joint is an arthritis type inflamation.

I hope this helps you with a few places to start. -Georgiana

Q: I have a friend who successfully used cherries to relieve his gout pain, and then was diagnosed with diabetes. He has lost 100 pounds in the past year but his gout is acting up again. He is in his late 40's and has been taking Glyburide and has been brought down form 5mg. to 1.25 mg . Controlling his diet has kept him off insulin. He is looking to ease the pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Ann Larrabee
The Gout homeopathic is great and you can use Safflowers to get the uric acid (the real cause) out of the system. Make sure he is eliminating correctly, drinking plenty of water and then check his pH, it is probably very acid. -Mike, N.D.
Also you can try Burdock. I had a person who got gout at least once a year and would miss 3 weeks of work. He took 2 bottles of gout and hasn't had any problem since. -Gwen
Safflowers seems to work for many folks. -Ruby
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
According to the Recipes For Success card file: Dandelion, Safflowers & ATC Kidney Activator aid the excretion of uric acid. Aloe Vera neutralizes acidity. Food Enzymes and/or PDA help digestion so there is less formation of uric acid. Avoid red meat, mushrooms, wine and beans (except green beans). Eliminate salt, alcohol & aspirin as they impede elimination of uric acid. -Georgiana
Pure cherry juice has the enzyme uricase which breaks down uric acid crystals and is very effective. -Michael
I use nothing BUT cherries for gout. Whether frozen, canned or fresh, they work fast. Take at least 8-10 a day. -Nolee
Gout is an acute arthritis of peripheral joints which results from depositions of uric acid. Consider Kidney Activator or Chinese Kidney Activator to remove the uric acid from the kidneys and Safflowers to clean tissues and joints. From non-herbal sources, consider Urinary Maintenance, Glucosamine, and Chondroitin. -Candy
Homeopathic Gout is a quarterly special. Stock # 8805-9. This is for quick relief of the pain. A few products that can help solve the problem... Joint Support, Ayurvedic Joint Health, Morinda, KB-C. -Glen Byler
Gout is a build up of uric acid. Recommend Dandelion, Safflowers, Burdock and ATC Kidney Activator to aid in the excretion of the uric acid. Avoid all red meat, mushrooms, wine and beans (except green). Also eliminate salt, alcohol and aspirin. -Nedra Denison

I have a neighbor who is on tons of meds and eats terrible and gets gout flare-ups. She doesn't want to take herbs or any of that 'natural' stuff, but when her gout flares up, she gladly lets me bring her a couple bags of frozen cherries from the grocery store. It relieves her pain in a very short time. And I keep praying that some day she'll be open to herbs. -Peggy Day
I have excellent results with gout by taking LOTS of Burdock and Safflowers.... also have him drink lots of water. Black Cherry juice is also good, as well as strawberries. Eliminate or drastically cut down on red meat. (Do you have a "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" book?...It has a good write-up on what to eat and what not to.)
I got up one morning and absolutely could not walk! Every time I even thought about it, I took either the Burdock or the Safflowers. By afternoon, I could at least hobble. The next morning, I was walking fine. It is important to keep up taking them, though. (I have had this problem twice...the first time, I did not keep on taking the capsules once I felt O.K., but the second time...I surely did, and it's been 2 years now without a recurrence.)

Also had a client who had been on doctor's meds for literally YEARS who swears by the above...once he started on these two products, and increased water intake.... then went back to the Dr., the Dr. said his numbers were so good that he wouldn't be able to renew his prescription! The man was delighted, to say the least. -J.J.B.
First of all he will need to digest better to decrease the amount of uric acid in his body. Food enzymes with meals and PDA with meat if he still eats meat. The following formulas/single herbs should be taken with meals Joint Support (atc) 2 caps twice a day, Safflowers 3 caps 3x a day, Hydrangea 3 caps 3x a day and Dandelion 3 caps 3x a day. Avoid red meat and dairy. Drink at least 8 glasses of pure water a day. If he wants results let him know that this is a program that he should stay on for at least 4 months. It has worked with my father in law overseas( he is now on Mega Chel Program). After 4 months he can decrease the dosage of herbs by half and maybe eliminate Dandelion. -Jim Duffy
Gout Homeopathic and Burdock. Eliminate the meats to eliminate the uric acid and drink cherry juice. -herbsr2u
Juniper Berries x6 day, Homeopath Gout, eat blueberries, strawberries daily, , this will help lower the uric acid in the blood NO meat of any kind. -Debbie Shook
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had a member of our group contact me about a man with gout. I recommended Safflowers, Burdock and Gout Homeopathy. He took the Safflowers and Burdock for one week and they had already lowered his uric acid levels substantially (he returned to the doctor for a blood test.) After two weeks he could shake his ankle without pain; the first time in years. Whenever anyone has a gout problem, along with the food recommendations, I recommend Black Cherry juice. When I finally got the Gout Homeopathy in (NSP was about to release it on a quarterly special) he added it in to his program. He said he thought the Burdock and Safflowers did the most good. -Glenda Hadley
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sounds like he is in great need of a diet change, and his digestive system is very weak. Would definitely limit if not eliminate animal proteins for awhile. Avoid as many processed foods as possible, along with sugars, caffeine, etc. Processed, canned, cooked foods have little or no natural enzymes left in them to aid the body in digesting them, therefore forcing the body to produce extra enzymes and acids, using up its storage. The more fresh fruits and veggies you can get down him, the better. Raw foods contain their own enzymes to aid the bodies digestion, making it able to digest and assimilate the nutrition much easier.

Would also suggest adding hydrochloric acid supplement.....either PDA or Food Enzymes with each meal....at least 3-4 per meal. And a detox program, to get rid of some of the irritants in the body. Look into either CleanStart, or the Tiao He Cleanse. Also urinary system will probably need some support and cleansing, to flush out these toxic fluids. KB-C, Urinary Maintenance or Uva Ursi for urinary health.
Also, lots of good, pure water each day, to help hydrate body and flush the system. But, if nothing else, would make hydrochloric acid a necessity each meal...build up his digestive strengths, and work on proper elimination. -Stacey Brown
Stacey has excellent suggestions, however, I have had good results with Kidney Activator for the kidneys. The kidneys need to flush and this is a diuretic formula. Use this along with Acidophilus and Digestive Enzymes. Follow Stacy's food suggestions. It is good to know that the kidneys will pull calcium out of the bones if it is needed by the blood. A lot of practitioners miss this important aspect of working with bones and/or calcium. KB-C is good for the bones and Cal-Mag + D with no white sugar or flour and lots of greens in the diet are important. -Mike Zavitz
Such good answers! Here is one more suggestion. The skin is a great help in the treatment of gout. A friend for many years with gout watched his diet and took regular steam baths. The sweating helped him in a fine positive way. Gout will also affect brain function, causing the victim to appear to be less intelligent and definitely less quick that should be. When he got up a good sweat every day – either from exercise or from the steam bathing he was clear minded as well as pain free. This is because the skin is able to expel the uric acid. His sweat at times was really rank with it. Of course, using the skin in this way requires lots of pure water to drink. -Marilyn Navarro
Along with the excellent suggestions already posted I just wanted to add that it is important to avoid high purine foods that produce uric acid in the body. These foods include all red meat, chicken, mushrooms, alcohol, beans (except green beans), peas, spinach, sugar or four products. Foods that reduce uric acid in the body are Black Cherry Juice, cherries and strawberries. Herbs that also help are Juniper Berries and Safflowers, Garlic, and Kelp. Psyllium Seed has also been shown to increase output of uric acid. -Paige
Another suggestion is Chlorophyll (liquid) for reducing uric acid. Also essential fatty acids (Lecithin, Flax) as excess saturated fats are usually behind this problem. Vitamin B-Complex. Vitamin C (lowers serum uric acid levels at 3,000-5,000 mg/day,. A deficiency of Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) produces excessive amounts of uric acid also. And last but not least Potassium to obtain proper mineral balance. -Suzanne
He took one bottle of Burdock Root and hasn't had any trouble since. Also drink and or eat black cherries. Another suggestion is Chlorophyll (liquid) for reducing uric acid. Also essential fatty acids (Lecithin, Flax) as excess saturated fats are usually behind this problem. Vitamin B-Complex. Vitamin C (lowers serum uric acid levels at 3,000-5,000 mg/day,. A deficiency of Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) produces excessive amounts of uric acid also. And last but not least Potassium to obtain proper mineral balance. Hope this helps. Also my dad swears by the homeopathic formula Gout. NSP has discontinued this but maybe someone out there has some. -Gwen
My husband had a bout of Gout recently. I gave him KB-C, Dandelion and Safflowers. He called for three each of the first two and five+ (it varied by what he ate) of the Safflower, three times daily. By the end of one week, he had no pain, just a slight twinge in his toe. He may have recovered quicker, but would forget to take his mid day dose on more days that not. He had previously refused to take PDA. He is now taking it with each protein meal and is going to continue taking the Safflower twice daily for awhile. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Had a client who came to me on crutches with his foot and knee swollen due to gout. I put him on Juniper Berries and mixed him a blend of Deep Relief Essential Oil (about 20-25 drops) into one ounce of Massage Oil. Told him to massage that in a couple of times daily. Three days later he came back with no crutches and almost pain free, and the swelling was almost gone. -HBNI
Q: My husband came home last Friday bent over with bladder pain. He took 8 JP-x, 4 marshmallow, cherry juice extract and Deep Relief EO topically. Monday morning the bladder pain was completely gone! But he had gout in the top of his left foot for which he took 6 Safflower and 6 Dandelion three to four times daily and applied EO's topically and soaked in a gout soak. The gout moved to the big toe and ankle now. HELP!!! -Gwen
Try using Hydrangea (about 20 per day) and Herbal CA (about 3 times recommended dosage), avoid red meat, chicken, mushrooms, alcohol, beans, peas, spinach, sugar or white flour products. -Joodi of Texas
Take Butcher's Broom to increase the circulation. You also need to change you're shoes, don't wear the same pair every day. -Mike, N.D.
Q: I would like more information on dietary changes and herbal supplements that will benefit someone suffering from gout in the right leg and foot. Also has beginning stages of osteoporosis. Client is in late 30's and currently takes the following: Skeletal Strength, Urinary Maintenance, Super Supplemental, Chondroitin, Glucosamine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch! -Deborah
A client of mine would miss 3 to 4 weeks of work due to gout. He took one bottle of Burdock Root and hasn't had any trouble since. Also drink and or eat black cherries. -Gwen
Another suggestion is Chlorophyll (liquid) for reducing uric acid. Also essential fatty acids (Lecithin, Flax Seed) as excess saturated fats are usually behind this problem. Vitamin B-Complex. Vitamin C (lowers serum uric acid levels at 3,000-5,000 mg/day,. A deficiency of Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) produces excessive amounts of uric acid also. And last but not least Potassium to obtain proper mineral balance. Hope this helps. -Suzanne
Sounds like he is in great need of a diet change, and his digestive system is very weak. Would defiantly limit if not eliminate animal proteins for awhile. Avoid as many processed foods as possible, along with sugars, caffeine, etc. Processed, canned, cooked foods have little or no natural enzymes left in them to aid the body in digesting them, therefore forcing the body to produce extra enzymes and acids, using up its storage. The more fresh fruits and veggies you can get down him, the better. Raw foods contain their own enzymes to aid the bodies digestion, making it able to digest and assimilate the nutrition much easier.

Would also suggest adding hydrochloric acid supplement.....either PDA or Food Enzymes with each meal....at least 3-4 per meal. And a detox program, to get rid of some of the irritants in the body. Look into either Clean Start, or the Tiao He Cleanse. Also urinary system will probably need some support and cleansing, to flush out these toxic fluids. KB-C, Urinary Maintenance or Uva Ursi for urinary health.

Also, lots of good, pure water each day, to help hydrate body and flush the system. But, if nothing else, would make hydrochloric acid a necessity each meal...build up his digestive strengths, and work on proper elimination. -Stacey
Such good answers! Here is one more suggestion. The skin is a great help in the treatment of gout. A friend for many years with gout watched his diet and took regular steam baths. The sweating helped him in a fine positive way. Gout will also affect brain function, causing the victim to appear to be less intelligent and definitely less quick than should be. When he got up a good sweat every day--either from exercise or from the steam bathing he was clear minded as well as pain free. This is because the skin is able to expel the uric acid. His sweat at times was really rank with it. Of course, using the skin in this way requires lots of pure water to drink. -Marilyn N.
It is well to know that the kidneys will pull calcium out of the bones if it is needed by the blood. A lot of practitioners miss this important aspect of working with bones and/or calcium. KB-C is good for the bones and Cal-Mag + D with no white sugar or flour and lots of greens in the diet are important. Take care. -Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: