Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gall Bladder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Gall Bladder Reply with quote

Gall Bladder

My daughter has had her gall bladder removed. Is Tiao He Cleanse OK for her to use? She is about 80 lbs overweight, any suggestions? (she is 34).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It would be a good idea for your daughter to use Hi-Lipase. When the gall bladder is missing it is hard to digest fats and people become overweight. -JK
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would suggest she go on Jack Ritchason's Colon Cleanse (see Cleanse) rather than Tiao He and take Hi Lipase with any fat she consumes including fat soluble vitamins. If she had gall bladder problems before - having the gall bladder removed will not stop the problem. Her body will make another little pouch to collect stones in and in about 2 years it will probably start all over. The Hi Lipase will help her body deal with fats. Probably using Fat Grabbers before meals would also be good I have passed stones using only Fat Grabbers and Hi Lipase. -Georgiana Duncan
I have a friend in her early 30s who just had her gallbladder removed. Her doctor said there were 70 stones in it! Ever since I've known her she's had terrible skin (acne and scars) and has been slightly overweight.
Gall is produced in the liver and stored in the gall bladder. The gall bladder functions to concentrate the gall (by removing some of the water) and to store it until it is time to use it. The gall is secreted into the intestinal after food enters (especially fats) and does two things: 1) it emulsifies the fats making it easier for them to be absorbed, and 2) it multiplies the action of pancreatic juice by three-fold.

Once the gall bladder is removed, the liver continues to secrete bile which continues to flow into the intestinal tract. The liver can even develop a storage ability thus making up somewhat for the gall bladder being absent. Not having a gall bladder does not have a direct adverse affect on the liver itself.

Considering all of the above, I would recommend Food Enzymes for anyone who has had the gall bladder removed (due to the decreased action of the pancreatic enzymes.) If the individual continues having trouble with fats, an emulsifying agent might be taken when fats are consumed. The emulsifying agents that I can think of are Lecithin and Chickweed (the good old "Fat Grabber" boys.) -Duane Weed
Q: What should a person take over the long haul when they no longer have a gall bladder?
Always Bowel Build (contains bile acids) and Hi Lipase with every meal. Bowel Build actually stops the diarrhea that some people experience after gallbladder surgery. -Kay Lubecke
Calcium and Magnesium! It is more than coincidence that a large portion of those that don't have a gall bladder end up with osteoporosis. Whenever we eat protein it becomes acid, which our system sees as undesirable and tries to buffer. Normally, we take excess sodium from our fruits and vegetables that we have eaten ( the good kind of sodium) and buffer the acid. This excess is normally stored in the gallbladder. When we don't have a gall bladder and especially if we don't eat lots of fruits and vegetables, the next choice to buffer the acid is the calcium from our bones. There is a much more thorough explanation of this in the book "Your Health, Your Choice". -Lynette. Schultz
Diet, and or Fat Grabbers and Hi Lipase. I really feel everybody should take Hi Lipase with any fat - including therapeutic fats (i.e., Vitamins E, A & D, Evening Primrose Oil, Flax Seed Oils, Omega 3, etc. -Georgiana Duncan
Q: Does anyone know what my friend can take? She is experiencing a blockage to the tube that feeds into the gall bladder and the doctor is recommending surgery, Thanks. -Colleen
Since most likely the blockage is a gallstone it is important to take Hydrangea. to soften gallstones so that they can move freely without pain. Gall Bladder Formula will help the gall bladder during this crisis period. Whatever route your friend chooses to take herbs or surgery she will need to increase her mineral intake in order to prevent reoccurrence.
Let me second the need for both Hydrangea and Gall Bladder Formula. They were a lifesaver for me. The hydrangea will help to break down the stones, so is important for getting rid of them. But the Gall Bladder Formula is what stops the pain. Then when not in pain the gall bladder cleanse can be done. -Michelle
Hello Colleen, The reason they recommend surgery is because they don't know what we know or if they do surgery makes a better income for them. Short of going into a gallbladder cleanse, for now have her take Cascara Sagrada, Magnesium and Psyllium Hulls. This has saved many a surgery happening. -Dalean Harris
Q: I am a non-typical gall bladder patient. I am female, over forty, but not fair or overweight. I am having gall bladder attacks, but no medical tests show a problem. I had a hydrascan and my gall bladder is in "perfect" health (no infection, inflamation, stones) with the exception of very low bile flow activity - zero %. They want me to see a surgeon. I am looking for questions to ask and alternatives. Thanks. -Cindy
Cascara helps with bile. Are you're bowels regular......after each meal? -Gwen
Try Gall Bladder Formula-- perhaps 4 at a time and see if it offers relief. It may help your gall bladder and it's bile along.
I agree regarding your bowels. Use a fiber and stimulant, if necessary. Eat more greens and get those bowels working after each meal. Enzymes with your meals sometimes help also. . . . and drink plenty of water throughout the day. -Georgiana
You need to do the 2 day Gall Bladder cleanse found in the book "Today's Herbal Health" by Louise Tenney. It has always worked for my clients. You will excrete the stones with this cleanse. Afterwards, a good Digestive Enzyme is important with meals. -Mike Zavitz - C.H.N.
Q: Does anyone know what my friend can take? She is experiencing a blockage to the tube that feeds into the gall bladder and the doctor is recommending surgery, Thanks. -Colleen
Since most likely the blockage is a gallstone it is important to take Hydrangea. to soften gallstones so that they can move freely without pain. Gall Bladder Formula will help the gall bladder during this crisis period. Whatever route your friend chooses to take herbs or surgery she will need to increase her mineral intake in order to prevent reoccurrence.
Let me second the need for both Hydrangea and Gall Bladder Formula. They were a lifesaver for me. The hydrangea will help to break down the stones, so is important for getting rid of them. But the Gall Bladder Formula is what stops the pain. Then when not in pain the gall bladder cleanse on the FAQ Page can be done. -Michelle
Hello Colleen, The reason they recommend surgery is because they don't know what we know or if they do surgery makes a better income for them. Short of going into a gallbladder cleanse, which you can find on the FAQ Pages, for now have her take Cascara Sagrada, Magnesium and Psyllium Hulls. This has saved many a surgery happening. -Dalean Harris
Q: I am a non-typical gall bladder patient. I am female, over forty, but not fair or overweight. I am having gall bladder attacks, but no medical tests show a problem. I had a hydrascan and my gall bladder is in "perfect" health (no infection, inflamation, stones) with the exception of very low bile flow activity - zero %. They want me to see a surgeon. I am looking for questions to ask and alternatives. Thanks. -Cindy
Cascara helps with bile. Are you're bowels regular......after each meal? -Gwen
Try Gall Bladder Formula -- perhaps 4 at a time and see if it offers relief. It may help your gall bladder and it's bile along.
I agree regarding your bowels. Use a fiber and stimulant, if necessary. Eat more greens and get those bowels working after each meal. Enzymes with your meals sometimes help also. . . . and drink plenty of water throughout the day. -Georgiana
You need to do the 2 day Gall Bladder cleanse found in the book "Today's Herbal Health" by Louise Tenney. (Search FAQ) It has always worked for my clients. You will excrete the stones with this cleanse. Afterwards, a good Digestive Enzyme is important with meals. -Mike Zavitz - C.H.N.
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: My gall bladder problems are different and I haven't found any info on the net about this problem. My gall bladder has quit working completely. I don't have gall stones, but it just doesn't work. I experience extreme pain in the night that lasts 4-5 hours. When I take Prilosec, I don't have pain. They did the hydrascan on me and it showed that the gall bladder isn't working anymore. They want to remove it. Can I do anything else? -Amy
- - - - - - - - - -
I would still try a month or two of Gall Bladder Formula, Stock #1202-0. Try 4, 3 times a day. You also may want to take a Hi Lipase with each meal besides your Food Enzymes. -Geargiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: My sister had her gall bladder removed quite a few years ago and continues to have problems. I've read where you should take a bile acid supplement with each meal. Does NSP have such a product? Thanks for your time! -Barb
- - - - - - - - - -
I too as well as many of my clients have had this operation. Food Enzymes is the best. It does contain bile salts. Even those who have thyroid disease do really well with this product, no more gas or diarrhea. -Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: