Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Food Discomfort - Diagnosed IBS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Food Discomfort - Diagnosed IBS Reply with quote

Food Discomfort - Diagnosed IBS

Since 03/09/04 I have had severe pain from eating. It usually starts within 30 min to an hour after I eat! It usually takes me out for the day, the lasts that long. I've been thru every test, Dr's don't know what I have, so they have dubbed it Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Everything I've read, says that most people with IBS, have diarrhea with it....not me, I have to be different & I am constipated. I have always eaten healthy, fresh veges, salads, fruits and very little junk food ever! I don't eat alot of meat, but I love fish, my big downfall is my coffee in the morning. Sometimes a glass of wine in the evening, Red usually settles my belly. But now even with medication, it seems everything hurts me and thus I have become afraid of food! I have done the cleansing before, I take digestive enzymes and I feel like I have tried every medical & natural option, although I am still open to any suggestions at this point. I cannot go on being afraid of food & being in pain, not to mention I've lost alot of weight & this is not the way to do it! Plz Help! Desperate! -Noreen
- - - - - - - - - -
You can start with Aloe, Slippery Elm and Black Walnut. These should help. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Dear Noreen, I have some questions for you...Prior to 03/04 did you do anything out of the ordinary?

- Go on vacation to a foreign country?
- Were you hospitalized?
- Did you start a new medication?
- Had you been under a lot of stress for a period of time?
Anything at all that you may suspect was the trigger action or event?

When I had my second child...I began to have constipation. I had never had this problem. I tried doing everything you do to help relieve this problem. I would get temporary fix but not long lasting. After a year I finally decided to do a parasite cleanse. I used Para-cleanse with Paw Paw and low and behold I am totally regular since the cleanse. I can only suspect that it was some type of micro-organism/parasite critter that somehow caused this issue. I think I got something at the hospital.

Anyhow, I'm happy it worked.
You may consider doing parasite cleanse and also think about the possibility of the H. pylori bacterium.

Have you gotten checked for peptic ulcers by checking for H. pylori bacterium (lab test)?

--------------------------------------

Common Symptoms of Ulcers The most common symptoms of peptic ulcers are known collectively as dyspepsia. Peptic ulcers can occur without dyspepsia or any gastrointestinal symptoms, especially when caused by NSAIDs.

Dyspepsia. Dyspepsia may be persistent or recurrent and can encompass a variety of problems in the upper abdomen, including the following: Pain or discomfort. Pain can be either localized in one place or diffuse. It may be described as burning, gnawing, or aching in the upper abdomen, or as a stabbing pain penetrating through the width of the gut. Sometimes pain radiates to the back or to the chest behind the breastbone where it feels like heartburn.

Bloating.
Fullness.
Mild nausea. (Vomiting, in fact, may relieve symptoms.)
Regurgitation. (The sensation of acid backing up into the throat.)
Belching.

It should be noted that dyspepsia occurs in 20% to 40% of people who live in industrialized nations and most of these people do not have ulcers. Such symptoms may also occur with gastroesophageal reflux disease (the back flow of stomach acid into the esophagus), gastritis, or with stomach cancer.

Ulcer Symptoms Related to Meals. Other common symptoms may include hunger and a feeling of being empty. Symptoms, in fact, usually occur one to three hours after a meal. Eating a meal usually relieves the pain of a duodenal ulcer but does not relieve pain from gastric ulcers and may even worsen them. Best wishes. -Lourdes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: