Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flu Shots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Flu Shots Reply with quote

Flu Shots

Hello; I have some people asking me why should they not get a flu shot. If some one could tell me why they should not get flu shot and/or refer me to books or website, I will appreciate. -Vaz
- - - - - - - - - -
First of all the flu vaccine is last year's version of the flu. Each year there is a new variety. So there is a very good chance that the shot will be totally ineffective.

Secondly, the flu shot itself can give you the flu. There are also other potentially dangerous side-effects. When one takes a risk/benefit analysis of the situation, one usually (unless one is a drug company that makes millions on the vaccine) comes to the conclusion that the risk is not work the potential benefit.

Thirdly, there are MUCH better alternatives.

This page should also help: http://www.a-better-way.com/drweed/newsletters/flu.html -Duane
- - - - - - - - - -
See the National Vaccine Information Center's page at http://www.909shot.com/Diseases/influenzafacts.htm for info on influenza vaccine.

In fact, check out the entire NVIC site 909shot.com for a wealth of information on vaccines.

You can also find a great many articles on vaccines at my site: http://www.drdavidRoss.com. Also on my site there is a forum dedicated to vaccine discussion. And, for a small fee you can receive a copy of my doctoral thesis, entitled "Vaccines: Social Good or Personal Evil?" which contains a 20 page bibliography of online and offline vaccination resources. -David Ross, ND
- - - - - - - - - -
I agree with both Duane and David on their information. Another avenue of thought is most of the people who are going for flu shots are either immune compromised in the first place or very old and susceptible. When given the flu shot it puts an instant heavy load on their immune system. The immune system is not only reacting to the antigen but possibly the serum carrying the antigen. Even perfectly healthy people can react. No longer is temperature and heart rate taken prior to vaccines. This would give the tech a hint that the person might possibly be sick prior to the vaccine. The body would be so busy trying to make antibodies to this vaccine, it would put an unhealthy load on an already overloaded immune system. I would always suggest building the immune system than be subjected to a vaccine. -Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: