Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fibromyalgia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Fibromyalgia Reply with quote

Fibromyalgia

Morinda capsules or liquid works great for pain, also add Free Amino Acids. -Jean Kinnett
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I overcame Fibromyalgia, it took me a year and this is where I started. TS II 8 a day, HY-A 6 a day, Pau d'Arco 8 a day, LBS II 1 a day, Proactazyme 2 a meal, Chinese Stress Relief 4 a day, HVP Conc. 1-2 a night, Collatrim. Also work with the liver like LIV-J or All Cell Detox. I have been well for almost 4 years now. -Tonja Wells
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fibromyalgia - Musculoskeletal disorder causing chronic muscle
aches. Caused by a toxic body (See Detoxification card). Candida can also be a cause (See Candida).
If patient has breast implants, they should be removed.
Grapine* + Joint Support* + Glucosamine or Joint-Ease for inflammation.
Add Melatonin Extra for enhanced sleep.
Morinda for pain relief
Aromin Minerals, Chinese Mineral -Chi, or Colloidal Minerals
Minerals:
CALCIUM with PDA for absorption
Licorice Root* for cortisone production
Homeopathics: Arthritis, Gout, Inflammation,
Sciatica (All these homeopathics contain Rhus Tox, which is specific for arthritis pain.)
-Kay Lubecke
Recipes for Success
© Lubecke Enterprises, Inc. 1998
A medical report on TV this morning showed that those with this disease have a greatly reduced blood flow to part of the brain. I think Ginkgo would be extremely helpful with this. Let's try it and report back the results to the Forum. -Kay Lubecke
Cyndi has been using Ginkgo for a number of months for her FMS. It is somewhat helpful but does not resolve the problem nor does it treat the real cause or undo the damage that FMS causes other parts of the body. -Richard Ask
Fibromyalgia is characterized by chronic muscle pain with periodic episodes of intense pain and swelling called flare-ups. This condition has been poorly diagnosed, in the past, by the medical profession and is often considered a psychosomatic illness. Fibromyalgia primarily strikes women and usually between the ages of 25 years and 50 years, but it can strike anyone older or younger as well. Our daughter was nine when she developed Fibromyalgia and I currently have a 78 year old client who recently developed symptoms.

There are "hot spots" called "tender points" today; they previously we called "trigger points." For a listing of the nine common "tender points" check Dr. Bach's book, Prescription for Nutritional Healing. In addition to these nine common points there can be other spots as well depending on the individual. Additional symptoms include a heightened sensitivity to the elements, such as wind, cold, temperature changes, and heat. Environmental elements can often stimulate negative responses, also, such as, chemicals, pesticides, food coloring and preservatives, and even synthetic fibers. Stress is a major factor in Fibromyalgia and the adrenal glands are often depleted.

There are multiple theories as to the cause of this condition which I will not go into on this e-mail; it will be lengthy enough as it is. Stress and a depleted immune system go hand and hand with this problem. When our daughter was at her worst they tested her immune system at National Jewish Hospital and it was extremely low. She was allergy tested for 100 things and was allergic to 97 of them. Violently allergic. If she ate Pork or any red meat, her lips, face and head would swell. Of course, we all know how many additives there are in meat. We have since determined it was the sulfur used as an antibiotic in the meat products. She takes garlic as a natural aid in this problem. There also seems to be a sodium/potassium imbalance in people with this condition. Enzymes and minerals are found lacking in the body of Fibromyalgia sufferers and higher doses of both are extremely helpful. The list of products is long because sufferers of this condition, as well as, Lupus and Chronic Fatigue require larger amounts of nutritional support due to a common malabsorption problem. Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue have been linked as being connected through the Epstein-Barr virus.

Program (all Nature's Sunshine Products):
Upon arising: 2 Tbsp. of Mineral -Chi, followed by a glass of juice with 1 tsp. of Vitamin C Ascorbates.
Breakfast:
* 2 Super Supplementals
* 2 Suma
* 2 Gotu Kola capsules
* 2 Grapine High Potency
* 1 Coenzyme CoQ10-30
* 1 Chinese Mood Elevator (optional)
* 1 Digestazyme
* 1 Proactazyme

Lunch:
* 2 Super Supplementals
* 1 Vitamin B Complex
* 2 SUMA
* 2 Chinese Trigger Immune
* 1 Digestazyme
* 1 Proactazyme
* 1 Chinese Mood Elevator (optional)
Dinner:
* 1 Caprylimune
* 2 Herbal Pumpkin
* 2 Cascara Sagrada
* 1 Vitamin B Complex
* 1 Digestazyme
Before Bed:
* 2 Tbsp. of Mineral -Chi
* 2 Acidophilus - Milk Free
This is an example program that we have used and that has worked effectively. However, I would like to point out that I usually add Herbal CA, Gotu Kola, and Ginkgo/Hawthorn if people test for them. I muscle test for all programs so nothing is set in stone. I work with a base and adjust accordingly.

Other suggestions for nutrients would be: essential fatty acids (such as Flax Seed Oil or Black Current Oil), Lecithin, Free Form Amino Acids, Homeopathics, IF-C (for inflammation), Burdock Root, Licorice Root (for the adrenals, providing there is no high blood pressure involved), Kelp, Chlorophyll, Kava Kava, or Passion Flower. People with Fibromyalgia do not sleep well during flare-ups because of the pain. Tei Fu Lotion helps relax the muscles.

Dietary Avoidances:
White Sugar, the nightshade vegetables, white flour, preservatives, additives in food, and caffeine.

Essential Help:
PrimeForm Body Prep, Muscle Tone, and Recovery should be used when exerting the muscles; such as gardening, exercise, or a task not routinely done. It is helpful to use the Muscle Tone everyday, because flare-ups occur without warning and there is no rhyme nor reason to their appearance in a sufferers life.

If anyone has any further questions, such as why I use specific products, please feel free to e-mail me and I will answer you personally. Some of the products listed are used because of the possible causes of Fibromyalgia.

I hope this helps everyone who suffers from this condition. -Glenda Hadley
Q: I have a friend who believes she has Fibromyalgia. (Boy that was a hard one to spell right) According to her friends that what she think she has anyway. She has aches and pains all in the neck and shoulder area. She said at one time she was diagnosed with a vertebrae in her neck slowly degenerating. They say there is no defiant cure for the disease, only pain killers. From what I have been reading on the net at different sites. A common denominator for people diagnosed with this disease is a shortage of protein in the body. Also I have been reading about a product called Spirulina that is supposedly about 65% protein. Would this be a possible cure? What else is available. -Terence
- - - - - - - - - -
Cats Claw. Take for 2 to 3 weeks then stop. Take it during times of difficulty physically. Cal-mag. Alternate the cal-mag with Skeletal Strength every 3 months or so. Extra magnesium. MSM cream. Flax oil. Take one tablespoon for every 50 pounds of body weight. I put it in a protein drink everyday with soy milk, blueberries and minerals. Liquid Chlorophyll in water once a day. Add Glucosamine and Chondroitin. B-C Ccomplex. Vitamin C. Relaxation tapes help.

Exercise. Walking on a tread mill or a stationary bike 3 times a week. Then do some stretching. Be careful. Exercise and stretching. This is so important. It takes away pain and helps overall health. Then add some light weight lifting to this on a regular basis. You may need a physical Therapist or a good trainer to get you started. This has to be a lifetime change here. You will improve over time with persistence and patience. This is my personal experience. I know it works. The fitness club that I belong to is my best health insurance. -Teresa McIntyre
- - - - - - - - - -
Here's a wonderful testimonial and good information to think about if anyone is struggling with just not being able to get well. Thanks Marti for this great information!!! Darlene

Wanted you to know how great I am doing. I found a new doctor who believes in natural supplements…..he thought my vitamins and calcium/magnesium were great and encouraged me to continue. Last bone scan came out just fine. Anyway the new doctor did a lot of testing…..parasites, adrenal system, liver etc and then did blood testing for allergies….well I am allergic to about 12 things! I came off of them and almost all of my Fibromyalgia pain is gone. I noticed within two days and things are just getting better each day….we're now into day 38! He put me on three supplements to build up the liver…all ordered from Natures Sunshine of course. I am exercising every morning and after showering I rub lotion with Cellu Tone over my hips and thighs…the pounds are coming off and the cellulite is smoothing out. -Darlene
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes! My mother has suffered with Fibromyalgia as well. I found my mother to have issues with her small intestine, possibly hyperpermeability of the small intestine (a.k.a. leaky gut). When a person has this problem many foods become toxin/allergenic because the gut is allowing food/substances to pass partially digested into your system. Food/substances should only pass into your system when they are fully digested and appropriate for your system.

I had to get her off Gluten/wheat products, beans, corn, oats, potatoes, milk (replaced with Goat milk and Rice milk; sheep cheese), nuts, no pork or beef.

I then put her on Intestinal Soothe and Build and Colostrum, and extra Slippery Elm. She has seen remarkable improvement, like yourself. She says that her pain at its worse, a level 10, she now gives it a 4 1/2! This has been 5 weeks now on her new diet.

Once her small intestine repairs itself (probably 3-4 months) she can start to add some of the restricted food products back in (off course I will test her first).

Anyhow, it's sad that many continue to suffer when a change in diet can do so much... -Lourdes Martinez

-Three products I know of for inflamation in your body (Fibromyalgia is muscle inflamation) are Super Omega 3 EPA (fish oil), IF-C and IF Relief. Phenyltol is excellent for muscle pain.

Be sure to eat lots of greens, balance your pH. GreenZone is an excellent source for that.
-Georgiana
I have had many clients with this problem there are a lot of good books but the one I like best is from alternative medicine series chronic fatigue and Fibromyalgia. -Elaine
I have found that people with Fibromyalgia are very acidic. Ask her to change her diet to include more fruits and veggies ideally of the diet should be fruits and vegetables. I know this is difficult in our society so I have found that the GreenZone is terrific for bringing the alkalinity back up. People find after about two to three weeks on the GreenZone that the aches and pains are much improved, if not gone. Also check for candida. The next program would be to be sure all sugars, white flours, etc., are removed from the diet. Take Caprylic Acid and Bifidophilus taken in the evening before bed. -Gail Pfaff
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: