Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleanse - Master Cleanse

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Cleanse - Master Cleanse Reply with quote

Master Cleanser
By Stanley Burroughs

I recently did a fast, using the lemonade diet. This lemonade consisted of lemons (or limes), maple syrup and capsicum. It was amazing! I'm still enjoying the benefits. I learned about this fast from a booklet entitled "Master Cleanser" by Stanley Burroughs which is available through Nutri-Books. The phone number for Nutri-Books is 1-800-279-2048

The Master Cleanser: The lemon in this diet is a loosening and cleansing agent with many important building factors. The ability of the elements in the lemon and the maple syrup along with the cayenne pepper work together to create the following results: The natural iron, copper, calcium, carbon and hydrogen found in the sweetening supplies more building and cleansing material. The cayenne pepper in necessary as it breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood for an additional lift. It also adds many of the B vitamins and Vitamin C." Louise Tenney (Today's Herbal Health) lists other health and nutritional benefits of the cleanse as well.

Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper
Pure water - combine in 10 oz. hot or cold water
Use 6 to 12 glasses daily

You will not need anything else. If you become constipated taking an herb laxative (LBS II) in the morning and the evening is helpful. Also use lemon skin or pulp with the cleansing drink. Use mint tea to neutralize odors from the mouth." -Beth Adams Spencer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi everyone, In Steven Horne's ABC+D course, he talks about the Master Cleanse detox program. I've heard about this before and have considered doing it, however, I'm concerned that there isn't enough nutrition between the lemons and maple syrup. The book says not to take supplements. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone used this program or had their clients use it? Did you use any supplements from NSP and if so, which ones would you recommend? -Barbie Paine
Hi Barbie, In the Master Cleanse Booklet by Stanley Boroughs (which is a really good little booklet to own $6-7) it does state that supplements aren't needed because most if not all the nutrients you need are in the maple syrup and that is why it is so important to use the Grade B dark amber, C is better but is very hard to find (I have never been able to find it). A is the sweetest with little or no nutrients is what we use on pancakes, and C is the most bitter with the most nutrients.

As for a testimony I have never been able to get past my psychological need to eat. I don't do well with fasts, but I keep trying in case I can get past it. The times that I have tried it I have been amazed at how fast it changed my pH around, even while cheating. I did just fine during the day, but at night is when I ate. Not a lot but just enough to satisfy the need to chew something or have something in my mouth. The longest I have been able to stay on it is 3 days, and never without cheating. So I can see where it would be very beneficial for someone to be on it for anywhere from 10 to 40 days. I have had people tell me that they do it twice a year, and never get sick with everything that goes around especially in the winter months, and that they can tell when it is time for another one. They feel wonderful during and after the fast. I have one customer who does it for 4 to 5 days every month and she says it helps her with a smoother monthly cycle. It usually takes about 4 -7 days to get past the detox symptoms when you body is throwing out the garbage, (headaches, etc.). But from what I am told it is a worthwhile cleanse and I recommend it highly. There is also an Internal Salt Bathing to help the cleansing along in the Master Cleanse book that is quite effective at cleaning out the colon, this one I use several times a year and is quite cleansing. People with High Blood Pressure should NOT use this method as it uses sea salt and if you don't care for salt it could be challenging to get down even though it is a small amount of salt. -Alice Davis
I'm wondering if I would achieve any different results using the Master Cleanse than I would if I used something like CleanStart or Nature's Cleanse....

One concern is that I'm not able to purchase the Grade B or C syrup here in NY. The best I can get is Dark A.... for whatever reason the state has banned the sale of Grade B and C.... I think this may be the case in other places as.

I, too, think I'll have a hard time getting past the not eating part of the cleanse as I have a family and meal time is a big deal (together time) in our house. I'm thinking I might need to do something a little less drastic, although I was thinking that a clear broth veggie soup would work just fine for me for dinners and lunchtime. Thoughts anyone? -Barbie Paine
You need to go directly to someone that process maple syrup (a family run enterprise) and ask them for Grade B. That is how I get mine. One of my managers' families does maple syrup here in upstate NY - I will see if they have any, Barbie! -Sharon Grimes
that is odd - because we sell grade B and grade A in our store. -Kasara D'Elene
Ha Ha! Where there's a will, there's a way! Actually, since you mentioned that, I can think of a couple of places locally that harvest and process their own syrup. It never occurred to me to check there... I just went to the health food store and was told it wasn't allowed on the shelves anymore when I couldn't find it at Wegmans.

Have you ever heard of Sprague's? It's a really neat restaurant, gift shop, and syrup business around Olean, NY. They have wonderful meals and serve breakfast all day. We went there a couple times when my son was attending St. Bonaventure. My daughter is always asking if we can drive there for breakfast ... maybe this would be a good excuse to go! -Barbie Paine
Master Cleanse
Grade A, B, C Maple Syrup
Just wanted to pass this on, from the website, www.southfacefarm.com You can mail order maple syrup from them.

USDA Grade A maple syrup is the most popular grade for everyday use as a topping on pancakes, deserts, and other foods. It is usually made throughout most of the short syrup production season. Grade B syrup is generally made towards the end of the season, as the weather warms towards spring and the trees end their winter dormancy. USDA Grade B syrup is much darker and has a stronger flavor, which makes it more suitable for flavoring and cooking purposes. It is thought that this late season syrup contains more minerals. Grade C syrup is no longer an official USDA syrup grade. For those of you looking for Grade C maple syrup, it is now called Grade B. In other words, Grade B & C are the same.

You might want to check out this website also: www.maplevalleysyrup.com -Carol Matz
Q: I would like to know if anyone on the forum has done this fast for the whole 40 days? -Sharon Grimes
No, I don't know anyone that has done the cleanse that long. I'm on day one today. I am planning to go right up to Christmas Eve. -Gale
Tomorrow is Day 40 for me (I can hardly believe I did it!!) and I am wondering what other people have done following the cleanse. I really hate to stop - I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!!! -Sharon Grimes
I am on day 3 of the Master Cleanse. I love this cleanse. It's the 3rd time doing it, for me. Yes, your tongue gets all white....that's the toxins coming out. After I brush my teeth and tongue, I use my tongue cleaner and you just wouldn't believe all the junk that keeps on coming out.

I'm never hungry...I make up a 64 oz. bottle in the morning and that's my goal every day to drink it!

Yes, I do the salt flush in the mornings....that's very important. If your ache or have a headache, it will help purge the toxins for you. Sometimes the body dumps too fast. That's when we feel bad. Each time I've done the cleanse, it gets easier.

My husband is very supportive. He eats a late lunch out when he's working and just has something light at night that doesn't require cooking. Smelling food cook, I think, would sabotage my goals. After the third day, I feel fantastic and my energy level starts increasing. Yes, I make sure I drink a laxative tea in the evening. I still am amazed by all the gunk that continues to come out thru the course of 10 days. I've read somewhere that your body will tell you when it's time to stop a cleanse. I've only made it to day 10 in the past. This will be the first time I'm planning to go longer. It sure does take a lot of lemons and the taste of "B" grade Maple syrup sure is good.! -Gale Gravois
Wow Sharon -- I only made it about 3 days when I attempted the cleanse. I would love to pick your brain a little on this.

First, I must admit, I really didn't feel hungry with the drinks. Did you incorporate the salt water flush at all? Did you drink the Smooth and Move tea?

Also, how did you manage mealtimes with your family? Was this a problem? What about other "events"? I dreaded telling people (feeling that I needed to explain and have them think I was weird I guess) what I was doing.

Did you notice different stages of detox along the way? I know everyone says your tongue gets "furry"... did you experience that and did it become pink again?

Last, did you lose weight while on the cleanse? I'm wondering what would be reasonable to expect. Thanks for anything you are willing to share about your experience. -Barbie
I have read the messages posted about this cleanse and bought the book yesterday. I have to say, it sounds interesting "but" I wonder, if a person that has Candida, could substitute Stevia for the Maple Syrup? Any thoughts on this? Thanks! -EL
I wouldn't substitute stevia for the maple syrup because the syrup gives you all you minerals and nourishment while on the fast. Please read the book slow and thoroughly before starting this fast. I always suggest that they take a week to really grasp it's concept and get your mind ready for it. I now am on day 12 and I have more energy than I ever had. It is truly amazing! -Gale Gravois
It's a small book called the Master Cleaner by Stanley Burroughs. You can get it in any health food store. You really need to purchase it because of the instruction. I've known a lot of people to just take part of the cleanse because of passing it around by word of mouth. It's won't be effective to do it partially. It only costs $6.49. It's a keeper! -Gale
Hi, I just completed the Master Cleanse. Quick Directions: 6 oz of fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons), mixed with 6 oz of Grade B maple syrup (has to be Grade B to get the proper minerals, etc). Add this mixture to 48 ounces of pure water, and drink throughout the day, whenever you are hungry. But--before you drink it, mix in 1/10 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper (It really doesn't taste bad - it's kind of good, actually) You can take cayenne capsules if you prefer. The only other requirements: a cup of laxative tea every evening and a salt water flush every morning. -Trish Kleinfelder
"The lemon in this diet is a loosening and cleansing agent with many important building factors. The ability of the elements in the lemon and the maple syrup along with the cayenne pepper work together to create the following
results:

The natural iron, copper, calcium, carbon and hydrogen found in the sweetening supplies more building and cleansing material.

The cayenne pepper in necessary as it breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood for an additional lift. It also adds many of the B vitamins and Vitamin C."

Louise Tenney (Today's Herbal Health) lists other health and nutritional benefits of the cleanse as well.

Master Cleanser by Stanley Burroughs

2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper
Pure water - combine in 10 oz. hot or cold water
Use 6 to 12 glasses daily
You will not need anything else

"If you become constipated taking an herb laxative (LBS II) in the morning and the evening is helpful. Also use lemon skin or pulp with the cleansing drink. Use mint tea to neutralize odors from the mouth."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: