Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleanse - Liver

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Cleanse - Liver Reply with quote

Cleanse - Liver

For two days take 8 ounces of apple juice every two hours until a ½ gallon has been taken. Take 2, or more, Fasting Plus every two hours and do not eat.

Every 4 hours take 1 Cascara Sagrada to stimulate bile flow.
At bedtime on the second day, take 2-4 ounces of virgin olive oil mixed with 2 ounces of fresh lemon or grapefruit juice.

Repeat in ½ hour.
Sleep on your right side. Within 24 hours you should expel stones, mucous, or sludge through the bowel.

Be sure you look before you flush and you will see the stones. They range from turquoise to black. If you want to fish them out and save them, you must freeze them or they melt away. Take pictures & you will convince everyone to do this simple cleanse. Repeat a second time 14 days after the first time.
-Kay Lubecke
Recipes for Success
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Liver Cleansing (for six weeks):

1. Liver Cleanse Formula Herbal Combination: Take one capsule the first day, two capsules the second day, three capsules the third day, and so on until you have reached fourteen capsules a day. Then work back down to one capsules a day. I.E. on the fifteenth day take 13 capsules, the sixteenth day take 12 capsules, the seventeenth day take 11 capsules. If at any time you feel that you are cleansing faster than you want to (too much nausea, gas, etc), stop the progression upward, staying at that level until you can comfortably continue your progression upward.

2. Milk Thistle Combination: Take two tablets twice daily for 6-8 weeks for liver support.

3. On the even-numbered days of your cleanse, take 2 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil mixed with 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice in the morning when you arise. To mix the mixture thoroughly, pour it quickly from one glass to another twenty times. Take 1-2 capsules of Hi Lipase to help you digest the oil.

DIETARY SUGGESTIONS: Limit fats in your diet as much as possible. Use butter or olive oil instead of margarine. Avoid fried foods and pastries and try not to have red meat more than once or twice a week.

MAINTAINING GOOD LIVER HEALTH:

After the six week Liver Cleanse, it is suggested that the following supplements be used daily to maintain your good health:

1. Psyllium Hulls, bulk or capsules, OR Nature's Three - Twice daily
2. Bowel Stimulating Combination - Enough for 2-3 eliminations a day
3. Milk Thistle Combination - 2-4 tablets daily
4. Chinese Blood Build (Liver Weakened) or Chinese Liver Balance (Liver Stressed) - As directed on the bottle. Used to continue building the liver, if you feel your health is not where you want it.
-Kay Lubecke
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cleanse - Liver

Feel like a Kid Again!
Are you plagued by digestive problems, gas and/or bloating, constipation, skin problems, high cholesterol, nausea, or a weight problem that doesn't improve no matter what you eat? Perhaps the blame can be placed on two unromantic areas of the body: the liver and large intestines.

The problem starts with incomplete elimination. Yes, I know you insist that you eliminate once every day "right on schedule." But consider that you are eating at least three times a day and that each meal produces waste products and fiber that should be eliminated the same number of times. Perhaps you have the opposite problem . . . diarrhea. Diarrhea is the worst form of constipation! With diarrhea, the body liquefies the waste in a desperate attempt to move it through a congested bowel. Diarrhea is a sure sign of constipation!

When elimination is incomplete, toxic material is often absorbed into the liver. While the liver is equipped to handle some toxic material, the amount arriving from a toxic bowel puts it on overload. Bile flow decreases, poor digestion results, and we decide the "indigestion" must be something we will have to live with.

A real clue as to whether this might be your problem is to evaluate whether or not you have a "pot-belly." A pot-belly is a true indicator of incomplete elimination and poor liver function.

Decreased bile flow and sluggish bowel elimination, not dietary cholesterol, is the true culprit in high cholesterol. By increasing the amount of soluble fiber in the bowel, which both cleanses the bowel and binds itself to bile acids, a positive effect is seen on the cholesterol level. No longer is there an excessive reabsorption of bile acids and toxins from the bowel. Furthermore, the body must pull cholesterol from the blood to make more bile acids, resulting in a lower cholesterol level. The body, in its innate wisdom, does everything it can to keep the bloodstream free of toxins, primarily through the detoxifying action of the liver. All blood from the intestinal tract is routed first to the liver, which does its best to filter the toxins out of the blood by dumping them into the bile. The bile, which is made from cholesterol, is then secreted into the intestinal tract to help digest fats. The liver and bile route can handle a certain quantity of toxins before becoming overwhelmed; however, in the pot- bellied individual the liver and bile route never get a break! The bile route becomes congested, and toxins then circulate systemically, reaching all the organs in the body. Systemic auto- intoxication results.

Pot-bellied individuals are 600% more likely to have high cholesterol levels and heart disease than their counterparts with flat abdomens. This is a direct result of autointoxication. Because the liver and bile route are congested, the body has no way of controlling cholesterol; the cholesterol elevates at the same time toxins circulate systemically. Coronary heart disease is a direct result of this scenario, created relatively independent of dietary cholesterol consumption. (pp.22-23, Flatten Your Stomach with a New Slant! by Dr. William F. Welles)

What, then, is the solution? Daily bowel cleansing (forever, if you wish to prevent a recurrence of this problem), elevating your feet while eliminating on the toilet, and liver cleansing and building just may help you feel like a kid again! Here's to your health!

Bowel Cleansing: (Must be done in conjunction with Liver Cleanse:
1. Psyllium Hulls or Nature's Three: Use 1-3 Teaspoons twice daily to provide a high content of soluble fiber for bowel cleansing. If you prefer, you can take 4-10 capsules of Psyllium Hulls. Drink 8-12 glasses of water throughout the day to help this fiber be as effective as possible.
2. LBS II, LB-X, or Cascara Sagrada; Take enough capsules to stimulate the bowel to evacuate a minimum of 2-3 times daily.
3. Acidophilus, Flora Force, or Bifidophilus: Take 4-8 capsules at bedtime to rebuild the beneficial bacteria in the bowel.
4. ELEVATING YOUR FEET: Use a stool or waste basket to elevate your feet while eliminating. Curl your back and neck forward, dropping your head toward your knees. This position encourages complete elimination while stimulating the points that trigger elimination.

Liver Cleansing:
1. Liver Cleanse Formula Herbal Combination: Take one capsule the first day, two capsules the second day, three capsules the third day, and so on until you reach the sixth day. Stay at 6 capsules a day for 4 days, then increase to 7. Stay at 7 capsules a day for 4 days, then increase to 8. Increase in this manner until you reach 14 a day. After 14 a day for four days, drop back to 13 a day for four days, then 12 a day for four days, etc. Work back down to one capsule a day. If at any time you feel that you are cleansing faster than you want to (too much nausea, gas, etc), stop the progression upward, staying at that level until you can comfortably continue your progression upward. You can also use 1. Activated Charcoal, BP-X Concentrate, and/or Detoxification

Homeopathic to help alleviate these symptoms.
2. Milk Thistle Combination: Take two tablets twice daily throughout the cleanse for liver support.
3. On the even-numbered days of your cleanse, take 2 Tablespoons of virgin olive oil mixed with 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice in the morning when you arise. Take 1-2 capsules of Hi Lipase to help you digest the oil.
4. If chemical contamination is a possibility, use Homeopathic Detoxification 4 times daily

Dietary Suggestions:
Limit the fats in your diet. Use butter or olive oil instead of margarine. Avoid fried foods and pastries and try not to have red meat more than once or twice a week.

Maintaining Good Liver Health:
After completing the liver cleanse, it is suggested that the following supplements be used daily to continue supporting your liver and maintain your good health:
1. Psyllium Hulls, bulk or capsules, OR Nature's Three - Twice daily
2. Bowel Stimulating Combination - Enough for 2-3 eliminations a day
3. Milk Thistle Combination - 2-4 tablets daily
4. Chinese Blood Build (Liver Weakened) or Chinese Liver Balance (Liver Stressed) - As directed on the bottle to continue building the liver, if you feel your health is not where you want it. Ask your sponsor if you are not sure which to use.
Posted by Loretta Labrada
LL:I've been wondering how to tell if you need a liver cleanse... I read Kay's post and it helps; but assuming you don't have a pot-belly and have done/are doing bowel cleansing, how do you know? Will a liver cleanse hurt if you really don't need it??? My sponsor ‘muscle-tested' me for LIV-Guard (which I had decided I might need) and said I DIDN'T need it. (Any bearing on the situation?)

My face breaks out occasionally, nothing major, just a few places around the chin and hairline. Last time I had my cholesterol checked, it was normal. However, I can't seem to lose weight, even when I'm being "good". And I feel like my metabolism, my energy level, is stuck in neutral.
GD: Will a Liver Cleanse Hurt You If You Really Don't Need It??? Nope, sure won't . . . Does your liver good! Not needing Milk Thistle Comb has nothing to do with it! Let us know how great you are after doing it! Make sure you are bowel cleansing also.
BT: Steven Horne says irritability problems such as PMS are sure signs you need a liver cleanse.
KL: I feel a liver cleanse is in order for anyone with female problems (whether cycling or in menopause), high cholesterol, possible chemical contamination, anger, who feels tired when they wake up in the morning after an all-night sleep, and anyone with elimination problems. No, it will not hurt you if you don't need it. It is hard to imagine any adult who doesn't need it in this day of chemical contamination.
LL: Is the Liver Cleanse Formula daily quantity to be taken all at one time? Or divided up throughout the day? If all together, is it best to take them am or p.m.? Also, is this one of those programs that's going to make me feel worse before I feel better? i.e. should I start during a week when I don't have anything really important coming up - or will I feel fully functional?
KL: The LIV-A is taken in two or three doses, not all at once. Because you work up to the higher doses slowly, you should feel good enough to do normal activities UNLESS you don't have the bowel open.
BT: When I started the Liver cleanse, I did not make sure my bowels were open. Big mistake! If there is nowhere for the toxins to go, you end up feeling Horrible! I plan to do it again even if it takes lots of LBS II to keep me open.
LL: What purpose does the olive oil and lemon juice serve? My best guess was that the oil stimulates the production of bile, more bile flowing through would have a flushing effect?
K: To flush the gallbladder at the same time--Two for one!
LL: Should other herbal programs be continued during a liver cleanse or not? Specifically, parasite cleansing and weight loss programs.
K: Any other herbal programs can be continued unless the "cleansing action" is more than you can handle. I usually don't have people do parasite cleansing at the same time to avoid nausea problems that could result.
LL: The program increases dosages of Liver Cleanse Formula very gradually stretching the length of the cleanse to over 2-1/2 months. Can one go faster with the same result? (Or am I just being my usual impatient self? :-)
K: If it is done real fast, there may be significant nausea & headache. The original cleanse does call for increasing 1 capsule of Liver Cleanse Formula each day up to 14 and then back down. But I found that wasn't long enough to do a lot of good for most people.
The longer it is done, the better the results. The length could best be determined by how long symptoms have occurred & how severe they are.
Remember the rule that says one month for every year of symptoms. I actually had to continue LIV-A (6 a day) & Milk Thistle Combination (4 a day) after cleansing my hot flashes came back & I couldn't sleep after going off those. Then I remember that I have had female problems for 15 years so decided I probably will need this for at least 15 months.
LL: What results should I expect? How do I know the cleanse is working? Are there specific signs to look for?
K: Some people have specific cleansing symptoms; other only know they feel better because there liver congestion symptoms gradually go away.
-Kay Lubecke
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Any ideas for liver cleansing without using a bunch of herbs? It seems like at some time I heard Stephen Horne make reference to cleansing his liver by eating just cherries for three days. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? Or are there other ideas out there? Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Would gall bladder cleansing work on the liver, too? I have a recipe for the apple juice protocol from the Footprints on the Path manual, but did not find a liver cleanse in there. -Nancy Modlin
- - - - - - - - - -
It really depends on the condition of the liver. See below

Hot Liver or excessive energy

Blush face, hot flashes, cranky, easily angered, sensitive to sound, very touchy, skin disorders, acne, headaches migraines, nervous energy up til late hours, wake up groggy.

Good combo herb BP-X, or LIV-J (cleansing) lemon juice and black cherry juice

Cool Liver or Chronic weak liver

Fatigue, a feeling of yuckiness, may have severe body odor, skin problems, may exhibit hypochondriac tendency, and discouragement, depression, and despair feelings.

I love Chinese Blood Build it has 20 herbs to help detox the liver, kidney's and build the blood.

Avoid over cleansing.

Inflammatory liver

Milk Thistle combo

hepatitis, and cirrhosis, autoimmune disorders. Exhibits inflammation type s/s may have pain in liver area, swelling, tenderness, bruising easily, nausea, vomiting. See a doctor if any of these symptoms exist.

Avoid tonic herbs

"The information provided on this website is to be used for educational purpose and not to be substitute for medical attention. The information we on this message board is NOT meant to diagnose or treat a medical condition. If you need to see a Medical Doctor then please do so. " -Dee
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: