Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleanse - Gall Bladder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Cleanse - Gall Bladder Reply with quote

Cleanse - Gall Bladder

There are other posts on the topic of cleansing the liver and gall bladder on the FAQ. I had several requests for a copy of the procedures I used last month, and someone suggested I post it, so here it is.

The same cleanse can be varied a bit depending upon what book you read, but I will share what I did to keep it "simple", used a few ideas and put them together. I will say that i did this without
getting checked ahead of time to see if there were any large stones that may get lodged in the duct, usually people do the cleanse and this does not happen, but it is not impossible and I don't know how to help someone out of that situation, but it is done by many with no problems except nausea, and sometimes a little vomiting and diarrhea. Sounds appealing, doesn't it :-) But it really does the job - some people sleep right through it, but I always get nauseous and have a sleepless
night and just have to keep telling myself it's only for a night, and it will pass. Here goes, and usual disclaimers apply:

You will need:

6 1/2 gallon bottles of apple juice, or 6 cans of frozen
apple juice concentrate with no sugar added (I used the
latter).
Epsom Salts
Fruit, any kind, frozen or fresh
Real dairy whipped cream
Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
A couple of lemons
Enema bag

Supplements I used as needed were from Nature's
Sunshine:

Cascara (rather than Epsom Salts if you prefer)
Garlic capsules
Magnesium - 250 mg. per pill
Stomach Comfort
Activated Charcoal
Flora Force Acidophilus
Yarrow

Herbs to support Liver/Gall Bladder
after the cleanse, like Gall Bladder Formula, Milk Thistle Combo,
etc.

Day 1-6 drink 1/2 gallon of apple juice throughout the day, about 8 ounces an hour until done. (My variation to this was to drink the concentrate for the first three days in concentrated form - but I drank lots of water also) This will increase the production and flow of bile and will soften the sludge, stones, etc. that may be present in the gall bladder and liver ducts (even in folks that have had their gall bladder removed). You will eat as usual during this time.

Day 6 - fast after lunch.

2 hours after lunch, follow the directions on the carton of Epsom Salts and mix enough to have a purgative effect in some of your apple juice or water, and drink quickly - chase it with juice, it tastes terrible :-0
(Cascara can be used, if you like)

4 hours after lunch take a garlic enema - I open a couple of garlic capsules into the water for the enema. If you haven't taken an enema before, read up on how to do it or let me know.

5 hours after lunch take another dose of the Epsom Salts, 1/2 the amount that you took earlier.

(All of this is to really clean out the colon and intestinal system of any food and waste that is present)

6-7 hours after lunch you can fast, or your can eat as much fruit and whipped cream as you like for dinner. I did the latter.

About an hour or 2 before bedtime, take a couple of the magnesium pills - these will help relax the biliary ducts for "smoother passage" of whatever is in your liver and gall bladder.

At bedtime, take 1/3 - 1/2 a cup of olive oil and stir or blend with the juice of the two lemons. Drink this down quickly and lie down right away on your right side with right knee bent toward chest - keep knee bent for at least 1/2 to 1 hour. You may sleep right through this, or you may
notice varying degrees of nausea that will come and go in waves. If any are particularly uncomfortable, or do not go away for an extended period, you can massage the web of your right hand between thumb and finger close to the place where the bones join, with thumb and finger of the left hand. There should be a tender spot there, this can help relax things a bit. Try not to throw up if at all possible, but some do end up in the bathroom clearing from both ends (sorry I know that sounds "gross", but that is how it is sometimes, but not always, I've done this over a dozen times and that has only happened twice). You may want to have a bowl handy in the bathroom in case.

If you experience burning or discomfort in your chest, this is usually heartburn from the bile backing up, just take a couple of the Stomach Comfort as needed, this will help. You may need to sit up and "burp" a few minutes after taking this. I found it "comfortable" to prop myself up on pillows at times during the night.

In the morning when things settle down a bit, take another garlic enema or two. You may see little green things of varying sizes or green bile - mine was VERY dark, the darker the more toxic. You may feel weak or tired, how weak or tired depends upon how many toxins are stirred up. The enemas will help with this, you don't want to leave the toxins in the body to be reabsorbed. You may continue to pass green diarrhea or stools over the next few days. I started to take
activated charcoal to absorb these toxins and also acidophilus. This helped a lot.

If you notice that your liver and gall bladder are particularly tender after the cleanse (under right ribs, in back on right side between spine and shoulder blade) take a yarrow capsule with 2 meals a day - this reduces the inflammation.

If you have a good chiropractor, going for an adjustment after doing the cleanse can help as well - I felt much better after my adjustment.

I am planning on doing this again after the holidays (about every 6 months) since I was so toxic this time.

After this is done, you may want to support the liver by taking Milk Thistle Combination or other liver, gb herbs.
-Claudia Meydrech, CN
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How to Cleanse your Gall bladder - 3 day Cleanse

One week before attempting to cleanse your gall bladder take the following herbs:

1. Hydrangea - promotes the break-up of large stones. 3 caps 3x/day
2. Gall Bladder Support (Previously called BLD-X) Soothes the gall bladder and prepares it for the cleanse. Stimulates bile flow. 2caps 3x/day
3. Cascara Sagrada - Or other Herbal laxative. Very important to keep the bowels open & moving for the cleanse. 1 cap 3x/day
4. Slippery Elm - Coats the intestinal tract for easier elimination of stones. 3 caps 3x/day
Friday: Start cleanse

No Food
Drink 1/2 gallon apple juice throughout the day. (8oz every 2 hours until 1/2 gallon is consumed)

May eat applesauce, Pears or Pear juice (optional)

If hungry, take 2 or more (as needed) Fasting Plus every 2 hours.

Continue taking above herbals in the same amounts as directed

Saturday: Continue Herbs and Diet same as above.
At night just before bedtime blend:
4 oz virgin olive oil with 4 oz lemon juice.
Chase with apple, orange or grapefruit juice and 2-3 ice cubes.

Lie on your right side to sleep.

Sunday Morning - you will pass gall stones usually within 12-24 hours.

Take an enema if nothing happens.

They look like green peas.

Diet: Same as Friday

Monday Diet: Same as Friday but may add Vegetable soup

Repeat cleanse in 14 days
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gallbladder cleanses can be effective in removing stones which look like green peas. The liquid, however, may be difficult to keep down. Try walking around to keep the liquid down. The results can be well worth it. Although there are many variations on the basic principle, the choice is yours!

Cleanse #1:
For 2 days take 8 ounces of apple juice every 2 hours until ½ gallon has been taken. Take 2 or more Fasting plus every 2 hours and do not eat. Every 4 hours take 1 Cascara Sagrada to stimulate bile flow.

At bedtime on the second day, take 2-4 ounces of virgin olive oil mixed with 2 ounces of fresh lemon or grapefruit juice. Repeat in 1/2 hour. Sleep on your right side. Within 24 hours you should expel stones, mucous, or sludge through the bowel.

Cleanse #2:
Friday: Drink apple juice all day. Eat applesauce, pears or pear juice, prunes or figs, optional. Take Psyllium Hulls (1 ea 3 x day), Cascara Sagrada (1 ea 3 X day), Liver Cleanse Formula or Gall Bladder Formula (2 ea 3 x day)
Saturday: Same as Friday, except at night just before bed drink 4-8 ounces of olive oil, immediately drink 4 ounces of lemon juice. Lie on your right side.
Sunday: You will usually pass gallstones in the morning. Take an enema if nothing happens.

Mini-Cleanse:
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil and the juice of 1 Lemon before retiring and upon awakening:
Food Enzymes (2/ meal), Lecithin (fat emulsifier - 12 per day), B-Complex (large amounts), Hydrangea (promotes breakup of stones - 8 a day)
My Nature's Treasure Chest indicates using the Hydrangea (2-3 3 x day) instead of the Psyllium Hulls on cleanse #2 and indicates using the Hi Lipase (2 each meal) instead of Food Enzymes on the mini-cleanse.
-J.Candy Arnold
Footprints on the Path
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: