Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cholesterol - Low

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Cholesterol - Low Reply with quote

Cholesterol - Low

Hello out there! Does anyone know about the health issues regarding low cholesterol? I have a female client age 44. Her cholesterol reading is 146.

Also, is low cholesterol a sign that something else is happening in one/or several of the body systems? (i.e. liver). Her Triglycerides reading was 42.

How can we raise her cholesterol closer to the normal range? Thanks in advance. -Mayra
- - - - - - - - - -
Low cholesterol has a higher mortality rate under 175 than someone who goes over 275. There is a higher risk for cancer, mini-strokes and suicidal tendencies. Cholesterol is required to protect the nerves from exposure to heavy metals such as mercury and other toxic agents that could otherwise cause brain and nerve disorders. The body is severely impaired in how it can deal with oxidative stress and there is more free radical damage with high cholesterol. This is where antioxidants are going to work by themselves without increasing cholesterol. It can be decreased in malabsorption/malnutrition (blockages on the villa in the small intestines with mucus), herpes zoster, various free radical pathologies, hyperthyroidism, depression and some depression drugs, malignancies. Support the immune system, digestive (pepsin is necessary to a balanced HCl) and biliary. Manganese is a necessary enzyme co-factor for cholesterol synthesis, which Red Raspberry is high in, and also use a B-Complex. Try the Chinese Blood Build for fatty congestion in the liver. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - -
A mother called me very upset, since the doctor wanted to put her six year old daughter on Lipitor for a total cholesterol number of 254. High LDL, High triglycerides, and an o.k. HDL (don't have those exact numbers yet.) The child has about 12 lbs. to lose,(she is quite tall, and weighs 88 pounds). The mom refused the Lipitor, and wants an herbal program. She is going to go to a nutritionist also, but had already made the necessary dietary changes awhile ago. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. -Kathy
- - - - - - - - - -
Kathy - in the natural field of health, normal range of cholesterol is between 175 and 275. I wouldn't worry so much about changing the level as I would to making sure the child is eating correctly and doing good nutrition. Exercise will help also. Once you balance the child's nutritional needs, the health of cholesterol will be determined by the body. That may just be a normal range for that child also. To me this is a great sign for the mom to make sure the nutritional needs are met early in this child's life. Otherwise my successes of balancing the tri's, cholesterol, and LDL and HDL is Red Yeast Rice and Guggul Lipids. NO LIPITOR IS NEEDED THAT YOUNG IN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Jeanne
- - - - - - - - - -
Muscle test to see if she is low on iodine. This mineral is needed to keep cholesterol in check. The MRT point is the same as the thyroid point. Just have the child (or use yourself as the surrogate and have the mom test your arm while you touch that child's thyroid area) say "iodine" if you test weak look at increasing iodine intake: kelp, pineapples, egg yolks, garlic.

Magnesium is also effective in reducing cholesterol levels. Can also test to see if low. Place fingers on belly button, that is the magnesium MRT point. Child says "magnesium" and see what happens.

The Chewable Herbasaurs calcium has magnesium also the following foods can be added to diet: almonds, cashews, figs, green leafy vegetables.

Echinacea may also be good to test on the child. It happens to have iodine as well, however according to Donald Lepore's book "echinacea contains myristic acid, which causes a catabolic affect on fatty adipose tissue and it causes a disintegration of serum cholesterol".

Evening primrose oil also lowers cholesterol levels. The mom can put the capsule oil in some juice.

Either way if the root of why the child is retaining cholesterol in her body is found that would be key (is it low iodine or magnesium...etc. Or omega-6 which evening primrose has).

The MRT for omega-6 is the right side of the neck about an inch above the collar bone. Child says "omega-6". Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Is it possible for someone's cholesterol to go up 50 points within 15 minutes? If I take my husband's cholesterol with the life stream home kit without giving him any warning the reading is always between 170 and 190. If I take it fifteen minutes after the first reading it goes sky high ... 235 - 278. I can take my reading on the same machine and mine remains the same.

Do you know if there have been any studies that would indicate that someone's nerves can raise their cholesterol reading by that much? Thanking you in advance. -Robin Helstrom
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes, it is possible. Dr. Cowden said on the pH video "Balancing the Body's pH" with Joan Vandergriff that he has seen no blockage to 80% in a 24 hour period of time. If you don't have the video you should order it. Dr. Cowden is a cardiologist that Joan Vandergriff has been working with for years. You can also order the cassette tapes from the NSP Convention last summer "Advanced pH" Joan Vandergriff and "The Harmful effects of Imbalance pH" Dr William Cowden. Stress is a major factor in pH balance and over all long term health. If stress is not eliminated and properly handled you can take all the supplements you want and not get any where. -LeRae
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: