Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chlamydia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Chlamydia Reply with quote

Chlamydia

Can you be explain to me what chlamydia pneumonia is and what effect it has on the lungs. I'm recovering from it. I was told it was yeast in my lungs. This illness was very severe and I almost died. Please educate on this illness. Thank you. -Roger Raistrick
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Roger, This may be more info than you expected but just happens I do have info. I'll send you the person's whole story so you can see how she got to where you might have been.

also go to a search engine and you will find lots of info, like:

http://www.theheartattackgerm.com/

This story is all about a good friend. I have changed her name to "Jane" in this article.

In July 2000, several of us went on vacation together. One friend (I'll call her Jane) had not been feeling well, but came anyway. She thought she had pneumonia, had slept 30 hours straight before we left. She dosed herself with immune-stimulating herbs. She felt nauseous, would not eat much (a few bites when we stopped). She could not sleep lying down, felt smothered. We stopped at an Urgent Care: Urine revealed blood sugar 380, white blood count: 24,000. I filled a prescription for Tequin 400 mg (antibiotic) on the spot and she took one pill in the ER. When they saw the blood sugar number, they emergency-admitted her. At 3:47 a.m. she suffered a "massive heart attack."

These were her physical stats from last year: Height 5'5", weight 190, smoked 2 packs a day, BP high, cholesterol borderline high, brother and mother died of heart attack. All ultra high risk factors. These are her vital stats now: Height 5'5", weight 135, has not smoked since July 2000, BP 120/80, cholesterol normal.

I also have a day-by-printout of the hospitalization. Never ONCE, on all the 30-some odd pages of that bill-transcript is an antibiotic mentioned. They cultured her urine, sputum and blood and it came up negative - sterile. Then why the 24,000 white blood count? It stuck with me and bothered me. I mentioned it to every doctor who saw her, and they all stared at me blankly. They were so busy putting out the "fire" of the supposed "heart attack" and "managing" her case. Dx = Severe CHF, diabetic, hypertensive.

They did open heart at THE Cleveland Clinic (that's how they inflect the name) in November 2000. Dr. X (best in the world) repaired her mitral valve, which was badly damaged from the "heart attack." He did a single bypass on the "widowmaker" descending coronary artery, which was 98% blocked. She had several other blockages, but they were not candidates for repair (98% on the pulmonary artery, for instance, and a couple of 80% babies thrown in for good measure). Her left ejection fraction was 25% before the surgery, but only 13% after (very not-good news). Afterward, she suffered several episodes of atrial fibrillation and extreme tachycardia (110 to 220 bpm). Meanwhile, her blood sugar was within normal range, though she was taking 2 mg of Amaryl daily (no longer needs to).

January 2001 Jane was hospitalized for A-fib, and they did the "electrophyical study," where they "zapped" the tissues that had been cut during the open heart, that were misfiring and causing the A-fib. They zapped 11 spots, but two more were located within the mitral valve, which had just been repaired, so they did not fix those. At that time her left ejection fraction was 15%, so it had climbed, though she was pretty sick. Every time they did any of this, they changed all the meds, dropped and added.

Because Jane was so weak, some of us were changing her bed regularly, and noticed that she had a severe vaginal discharge. I asked her about it. She said that she had been plagued with "Candida" over the years, though she had done the Candida cleanse twice, and Dr. Jack's Cleanse many times. The woman to whom she goes for colonics also said that Candida was present. So why didn't all that cleansing get rid of it? Why was that blood count 24,000? Now I'm REALLY suspicious. She was on a lot of herbs, including 600 mg daily of CoQ10-100. Why? Well, the heart obviously, but she'd also had severe PERIODONTAL problems. So I began researching that subject as well. You know what I found, don't you? Gums and heart, same tissue-type. Trouble one place, trouble in the other. In June 2001, Jane had all her upper (lousy and loose) teeth pulled. Took the antibiotics beforehand, but threw them up.

July 12, 2001 she asked me to make her breakfast because she had been sick with A-fib again. I got there. Made her do her blood sugar = 40!!! Gave her orange juice and drove her to the ER. The blood sugar was 32!!! Dx = acidosis, total organ failure. Final Dx = Septicemia. Jane went code-blue in front of our eyes in the elevator. They revived her, but were sure she would die. Jane's primary care doc wanted more data. What did I think caused this? FINALLY somebody asked me!!! I told her about the teeth, the vaginal discharge. She brought another doc, a woman in charge of Infectious Disease Control. I told her everything that I have written here. She said we had the answer, but finding the "pool of infection" was like finding a needle in a haystack. She said she would "nuke it, hit it with everything in the arsenal." And they did. $23,000 worth of IV drugs. They sent Jane to a rehab center with a left ejection fraction of 6%, never expecting her to make it. Well, she fooled 'em all. She's walking lots. Does her own shopping. Does much of her own cooking, eats well. Blood sugar is normal. Does her laundry in the basement!! And carries her own clothes upstairs. Obviously that ejection fraction must have climbed just a tad.

I sent her an article, "A New Germ Theory" by Judith Hooper, which appeared in a 1999 issue of Atlantic Monthly. It says "Heart disease is now being linked to Chlamydia pneumoniae, a newly discovered bacterium that causes pneumonia and bronchitis." Later it says, "Pekka Saikku and Maija Leinonen . . . found that 68% of Finnish patients who had suffered heart attacks had high levels of antibodies to C. pneumoniae, as did 50% of patients with coronary heart disease, in contrast to 17% of the healthy controls." Then it says: "By the mid-1990s a radical new view was emerging of atherosclerosis as a chronic, lifelong arterial infection. "I am confident that this will reach the level of certainty of ulcer and H. pylori," says Saikku, who estimates that at least 80% of all coronary heart disease is caused by the bacterium."

I sent a copy to Jane. Later she told me in a whisper that recurrent Chlamydia infections were why she had divorced her adulterous husband 30 YEARS AGO! That article called Chlamydia the "smoking gun." I believe wholeheartedly that it is the smoking gun in this case as well.

A Centers for Disease Control paper, "Potential Infectious Etiologies of Atherosclerosis: A Multifactorial Perspective," says "Cardiovascular disease (CVD) from all causes accounts for 29% of deaths worldwide . . . In the United States alone, atherosclerosis reportedly affects one in four persons, causing approximately 42% of all deaths." Later the article says, "Both Chlamydia pneumoniae and cytomegalovirus (CMV), for example, are widely distributed, can infect blood vessel wall cells, and exhibit persistence, latency, and recurrence of infection."

"The strongest evidence associating C. pneumoniae with atherosclerotic CVD has been detection of bacterial components in atherosclerotic lesions. C. pneumoniae appears to have a tropism for atheromata. It is rarely found in normal arteries or infectious and noninfectious granulomas and is documented more frequently in atheromata than in lung or other tissue from the same patient" (Campbell LA, Kuo C-C, Grayston JT. Chlamydia pneumoniae and cardiovascular disease. Emerg Infect Dis 1998;4:571-9). http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol7no5/oconnor.htm

They can study it all they want, while people we know die from it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you so much for such an extensive answer because it was very interesting and informative to me. Very powerful.

Now my question is, could someone that has chlamydia bactirium be helped by taking for example colloidal silver, olive leaf extract, VS-C, Golden Seal, and/or Pau d' Arco. Basically any of these or a combination of these or something else that I have not listed?

Also for your information this recently came out about chlamydia pneumonia as well:

FRIDAY, March 19 (HealthDayNews) -- There's a link between the common respiratory bacteria Chlamydia pneumoniae and amyloid plaques found in the brains of people with non-hereditary Alzheimer's disease.

That's the news from a study by researchers at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine's Center for the Study of Chronic Diseases of Aging.

The research in mice appears in the April issue of the journal Neurobiology of Aging.

The researchers have spent several years studying this link. This new research builds on their previous finding that C. pneumoniae is present in 90 percent of brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.

In this most recent study, the researchers showed that when the bacteria was sprayed into the noses of mice that are not predisposed to amyloid plaques, it caused progressive deposition of amyloid plaques, creating a partial model of Alzheimer's disease.

"We believe this could be a trigger mechanism for the pathology in Alzheimer's disease," lead researcher Brian Balin says in a prepared statement.

"People have been suspecting this for decades but could not find anything. It is very difficult to pinpoint an infectious cause for a progressive, chronic disease. We also believe that our isolation of Chlamydia pneumoniae from the human Alzheimer's diseased brain and induction of pathology in normal mice is proof of principle that this can be a causative mechanism turning on pathology," Balin says.

Boy this bacterium sure can cause a lot of damage...are you on any treatment?...Mariann and I were discussing what would be helpful in ridding this bacterium along with any meds...we came up with Olive Leaf extract, VS-C and she suggested Thai-Go product...

You might highly consider these NSP products.
Wishing you well. -Lourdes Martinez
Chlamydia Screening – Young Women
Young Women Should Screen for Chlamydia
A new study urges that all young women up to the age of 25 screen themselves for chlamydia infection at least twice a year. Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease, and is a major cause of infertility in women among whom it does not display symptoms. Almost 4000 sexually active women between 12 and 60 were tested for chlamydia when they attended clinics in Baltimore. The study found that nearly one in three of the women under 25 were infected with chlamydia, compared with fewer than one in 10 of the older age group. Young women also took half as much time to become infected, and time to re-infection was only slightly more than seven months. The researchers, who reported their findings in the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, suggest that screening for the disease twice yearly would help catch reinfections. -Richard Ask
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Isn't it a shame that we have to be worried about this for young women? The best treatment for std's is to not have unprotected sex if abstinence is not practiced. This is a forum about health-lets also promote safe sex or abstinence.-Holly Dodge
At one time we discussed using Tea Tree Oil in a retention douche for candida – Could this possibly be helpful for this. . . -Georgiana Duncan
I have had success using H-P-Fighter to clean up Chlamydia on a young lady who caught it as a cleaner, [non sexually] We apparently have quite a plague of it in our area. -Valerie Steiner
Chlamydia Epidemic
I have been interested and posted about Chlamydia ever since it has been found in those that have Alzheimer's.
Chlamydia: The Silent Epidemic
What is chlamydia? A bacterium called chlamydia trachomatis causes chlamydia which is the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the United States today. Approximately four million new cases of this disease occur each year and up to forty percent of women infected with this disease may be unaware of its existence.
Why is chlamydia called a silent epidemic? Many times this STD causes no symptoms and it may linger months or years before being discovered unless screening tests are routinely performed by physicians. Recommendations for screening for this disease include bi-annual screening for all sexually active women under 25, as well as for older women with multiple sex partners.
What are the symptoms of chlamydia? When symptoms do appear in women with this disease they may be mild and include a yellowish vaginal discharge; painful or frequent urination; burning or itching of the vaginal area; redness, swelling, or soreness of the vulva; painful sex; and abnormal bleeding. Men who are infected may notice a discharge from the penis or pain and burning during urination.
How is chlamydia diagnosed? Diagnosis of chlamydia is made through self-observation, medical history, and physical examination which includes taking a sample of cervical tissue with a cotton swab and sending it to a laboratory for diagnosis. Researchers are working on the development of a urine test which will make screening for this disease more accessible. Sexual partners within the last sixty days must also be screened whenever chlamydia is diagnosed.
What is the treatment for chlamydia? Antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia. According to the 1998 Guidelines for Sexually Transmitted Diseases from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the recommended treatment for chlamydia is either azithromycin 1 gram orally as a single dose or doxcycline 100 mg orally twice a day for seven days. Patients who require alternative treatments may be treated with erythoromycin base 500 mg orally four times a day for seven days, or erythoromy-cin ethylsuccinate 800 mg orally four times a day for seven days, or ofloxacin 300 mg orally twice a day for seven days. It is vital that all medication be taken as prescribed in order to affect a cure from this disease.
What are the possible consequences if chlamydia is left untreated? Infertility is the most common result of untreated chlamydia. Many women are diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) years after being infected with chlamydia. Pregnant women who are unaware of a chlamydial infection run the risk of infecting their infants during birth and are at increased risk for premature labor. Chlamydia in newborns can cause conjunctivitis (eye infection) and pneumonia. Because of this risk, screening for chlamydia is recommended for all pregnant women.
How can you prevent infection with chlamydia and other STDs? As with all STDs, the best way to prevent them is by always using a condom unless in you are in a long-term monogamous relationship. Other suggestions for preventing vaginal infections include personal hygiene habits such as taking showers rather than baths, refraining from douching, and wearing panties with a cotton crotch.
When should you see a physician? Anytime you notice any unusual gynecological symptoms you should see your physician. If you have symptoms that last for more than a week or unusual bleeding or swelling of the vaginal area, you should call your doctor for advice.
Source: http://womenshealth.about.com/health/womenshealth/library/weekly/aa090398.htm
-Richard Ask
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: