Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese Cleansing and Organs Affected

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Chinese Cleansing and Organs Affected Reply with quote

Chinese Cleansing and Organs Affected

I am trying to learn about the organs in Chinese medicine. For instance, WHY do you wake up during the nighttime hours if your liver, colon or kidneys need cleansing? I don't get the connection as to WHY you would wake up. I have a lady on my team at work who wakes up every night from 1-3 a.m. and cannot go back to sleep. I've tried her on several different things which haven't worked like Herbal Sleep, Valerian, and several others. I don't know enough to figure out, like some of you do, that it might be a more underlying cause. Some of your e-mails fascinate me as to how you figure it out. I want to bring her in some information on why this happens and if a cleanse is in order. I guess what I'm saying is that I tend to treat the symptom rather than the cause because I just want people to get results. If some of you could explain this to me, so I'd have layman information she could understand, I'd be so grateful. -Annie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I use Liver Balance before bed and in a few days this will stop. -Evelyn
I appreciate the answer but I need an EXPLANATION of this for her. She's not just going to take something called Liver Balance without documentation on why these organs get "agitated" or whatever happens to them. Doesn't anyone know how to explain this? She is an information freak and needs to know before she just takes something. If I can't explain or find someone who can, I will lose my credibility with her and she'll go somewhere else. -Annie
In Chinese medicine they have a "clock" that shows when certain organ systems are most active. So, if you have an imbalance that occurs at a specific time of day, you look on the chart and see what organ is associated with that time of day. -Steven Horne
Perhaps the question should be ­ is there a scientific, anatomical basis for this, or is it just TCM "theory" as the allopathic medical field would call it? -Sharon Grimes
What effect does the time change have on the chart? -Roxy
It's based on the idea of biological cycles. So, it's the time of day where you live. -Steven Horne
I don't think that it is based on a scientific model, just centuries of observation. We do know from research that the body has "cycles." For example, we produce more hydrochloric acid in the morning than we do later in the day, so protein digestion is usually better in the morning and worse in the evening. So, I think there is a solid basis for it, and the few times I've referred to it, it seemed to be quite accurate.

Rhea, the biggest NSP Manager in Canada also has a yearly cycle of the five elements and finds that people will have their worst problems at certain times of the year depending on what their constitution is (wood, metal, fire, earth or water). -Steven Horne
Would it be possible to get this information from Rhea? And secondly, is there a "form" or analysis to determine the person's constitution i.e. wood, metal, fire, earth or water? -Melody Lambert
My two favorite books that were recommended to me by Jean Dansereau-(Master Herbalist-Studied at the East West Institute) to start my learning on TCM are:

Staying healthy with the Seasons- Elson Hass, note he is revising this book & it will be out soon.

Body Wisdom –Jennifer Harper-she included essential oils and reflexology information

Both are very easy to read, offer simplified training & are a great resource that I use all the time.

This may tide you over and add to your learning until Steven launches his resources.
This form of therapy works great. -Kimberly Bitz
How exciting! I think that this is an area that NSP excels in over any other company. I love the Chinese herbs and don't know near enough about them, but I do know they work! I started using them after I got notes from a class Jonas Yoder taught years ago and was amazed at the quick results. When we get the TCMs I think it will be even easier to effect change and work therapeutically! Go Steven! -Evelyn
I hear the panic in your message! So decide just how much this person's needs are within your ability to do anything about. Here are my recommendations:

One educate yourself and your client at the same time! Get Steven's book Nature's Sunshine Products, then get Louise Tenny's book Today's Herbal Health. Be frank. Tell your client that yo cannot afford to buy multiple copies, but you are willing for her to come over and read in these books. Park her in a place you are comfortable with and let her read. When you can appoint a time for yourself to do the same thing. In Today's Herbal Health ask her to look up every reference in the index to liver, for example. In Steven's book draw her attention to sections 1,3,4.

Two, take a course or two from Tree of Light Institute. Ask this client to be one of your "guinea pigs" to try out some of the suggestions and use her as a study project. As she sees how these projects help her health (while they help you complete the course) both of you will benefit.

Three get an Educate America Kit and learn to do the presentation. You can do it right on your computer if you have a DVD drive. After you practice a few times ask her to be your "audience" and then she will learn all the great things you have just learned. When she sees those stacks of french fried, chips and candy bars maybe she will get the idea that we are what we eat. Our livers are attacked by what we eat, breathe and get our food out of. And yes, we ate the parasites that make us sick also.

Education is the thing to help people like this, but if you try this method you won't be wasting your time trying to explain what she herself should be investigating to learn for herself. You may not make much money from this client, but as she learns, and you learn, you will probably find out she has friends and acquaintances that will just love taking an Educate America class and you will find income there. Meanwhile you will have acquired the education that will give you the answers.

All of our "income" is not money. We need to feed our minds. She obviously needs education or she wouldn't be pushy trying to get information. Meet her half way and both will profit. If she does not want to learn, she will not be a good client ever, anyway. Hope this helps -Marilyn Navarro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: