Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child - Yeast Infection

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Child - Yeast Infection Reply with quote

Child - Yeast Infection

I received this email and was needing some help with this. I'm use to helping teenagers and adults with yeast infection but not a 3 year old. Could someone give me advice. Thanks so much. Deb

Dear Deb: Hi. I did a web search for info on yeast infections in children, and I came across your site. I would like to ask you some questions.

My daughter who will be 3 in January has had a chronic yeast infection around her mouth for about 3 months now.

I used a prescription cream called Mycelex which helped a lot, but it comes back as soon as I stop using the cream.

I have never seen a yeast infection around the outside of someone's mouth before, but it sure is virulent.

She is a bit messy when she eats, so I am constantly wiping and drying her mouth after she eats and drinks. This helps, but it's not enough.

I know I need to cut out all sugar from her diet for at least 3 weeks, and I am already giving her the good bacteria in her morning milk. (Is milk OK, or should she have only water right now?)

Can you recommend anything else I should do for her or herbs I might try giving to her? She's a tiny little thing at 24 pounds, so I don't want to overload her little system.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you can offer. Thanks so much! Sharon Beverly
- - - - - - - - - -
Deb, I work a LOT with children with yeast, even babies right after they are born. Here are the supplements I would recommend:

Bifidophilus (stronger than Acidophilus) given on an empty stomach in the morning, and bedtime.

Proactazyme Plus enzyme given with the Bifidophilus at both times.

Colostrum at bedtime.

Colloidal Silver to apply to the mouth area. It won't sting and has no taste.

Colloidal Silver (1/2 t) + Pau d'Arco liquid (5-7 drops) after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Reduce milk as much as possible. Fresh squeezed lemon wedge into a glass of water if child will drink it. A drink of milk, alternating with a drink of water, milk, water. Do your best.

Cut out fruit juices and sugared snacks as well as foods with nitrates in them like ham, bologna, etc. If you can't cut out fruit juice water it down 1/2 and 1/2.

If child has itching in vaginal area apply Colloidal Silver with a cotton ball and let air dry. -Carol Matz
- - - - - - - - - -
Dear Deb, I am quite confident that if the child took 1 Bifidolphilus 3x per day (you can open up capsule and but it in water or right directly in mouth, preferably on empty stomach), and the colloidal silver; Can swab the colloidal silver with a q-tip on the outside area and inside the mouth as well as take 1/2 tsp 2x per day, she will see total reversal in about 7 days. -Lourdes Martinez
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: