Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child - Diarrhea & Vomiting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Child - Diarrhea & Vomiting Reply with quote

Child - Diarrhea & Vomiting

My 2 year old son caught the stomach flu from his brother and has had diarrhea with some bouts of vomiting for about 3 days. He won't eat much; thankfully, I am still nursing him, which he is doing on a regular basis. I bought some homeopathic medicine at the health food store (I needed something fast) which has not helped much (Arsenicum alb. 30x). I tried to give him some Slippery Elm and Bifidophilus orally, but all he did was throw it up. I then used an empty capsule and filled it with half Slippery Elm and half Bifidophilus and inserted it in his rectum (I have been told this can be done if the child won't take medicine any other way). My question is: what can be used to coat the capsule so that it can goes in smoothly (I used a little of healing cream, but he seemed to still experience some discomfort). Any other advice on what to give him will be greatly appreciated. God bless, -I. Smith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've been helping my daughter with her children with the flu (6 mos, 2 years and 5 years). The first thing we do is give them enemas with Garlic Oil and Chlorophyll in them, along with warm water. You can buy a child's Fleet Enema (we throw the contents out and use the bottle). Give it slowly, holding their little bottom closed. Hold the bottom closed for a little longer. A couple of these, a couple hours apart is usually a good start. You may need to do one more in the evening. They will absorb a good amount of this (nutrition). Be sure to have enough Garlic Oil in it. We then insert Milk Free Acidophilus as a rectal suppository.

My son in law actually tells my daughter to call "mom" when the kids catch something. He became a believer when the first one was a baby.

The two year old may scream, just keep telling him that he'll feel better and give him a kiss on top of his head. IF you will do this -- it works!! -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The way my mother taught me has worked for my children and for many others. Make some plain black tea (Lipton type, should contain Pekoe tea). Let it steep for at least three minutes. (The best method is to rinse the tea making container with boiling water, add tea bag, fill with boiling water, cover and let steep). Now comes the easy part. When the tea cools down give one teaspoon of tea every fifteen minutes until you are sure it is staying down. Then continue for one more hour, 1 teaspoon every 15 minutes. Gradually increase the dose to 1 tablespoon every 15 minutes. Then two tablespoons every half hour. No sugar, no sweetener. After that most people, large or small, can eat and will be attracted to eating non fat foods. Drink for the first day should be tea. Why tea? The tannic acid in the tea slows down peristalsis--that continuous movement of muscles that propels our food from stomach to and through the colon. Slowing this down, the antioxidants help get rid of the byproducts of the virus that causes the disease. If it is more than a 24 hour flu then diet must continue to be fat free until all symptoms are gone. Acidophilus in whatever form that will go down (or be inserted from below) is great. If there is a lot of gas (like the time I was pregnant, lived in a third world country and got salmonella and the doctors could not assure me that the drugs being offered would not harm the baby) try adding 7 anise seeds to each cup of tea made. (I was fine in 3 days without drugs--the people on the antibiotics felt better the first day, but I was eating a normal diet a couple of days before they were!). Hope this helps! -Marilyn Navarro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: