Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chai Tea

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Chai Tea Reply with quote

Chai Tea

I have a customer from out of country who is unable to find this. Any help?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Celestial Seasonings (available at any grocery store) makes a blend called Teahouse Chai that tastes pretty good to me but then I've never tasted the real thing! Also, our local Sun Harvest Farms (Wild Oats) and Whole Foods Market (both large grocery/health food/herb stores) carry loose and tea bag forms of this tea - they are also very good. I don't know how large your town is but in San Antonio we also have small Asian and Indian markets, they would probably carry these as well. Good luck finding them!
Chai means "tea" in Hindi, here is a popular version: Lightly crush one 1 1/2-inch cinnamon stick, 4 cardamon pods, 5 peppercorns and 3 cloves.

Combine in saucepan with 3 1/2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to boil and add 3 tbsp. Darjeeling or black tea leaves (or 5 tea bags). Turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes. Strain and add sugar to taste. This makes about 6 servings. Enjoy.
Ingredients

2 ounces of ground cinnamon 2 ounces of ground cardamon 2 ounces of ground allspice 2 ounces of ground clover 2 ounces of ground ginger

Mix all of the spices together. You should end up with the equivalent of 36 tablespoons, enough for 9 gallons (36 quarts) of this magnificent drink.

To make one quart: 1 tablespoon of the (above) spice mix 1 teaspoon of vanilla 4 tablespoons of sugar or other sweetener 1 quart of soy milk

Method

Mix all ingredients well. I used a plastic container, with top, and shake like a palm tree during Hurricane Andrew. --Kimberly
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: