Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Worms

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Cat - Worms Reply with quote

Cat - Worms

I have 2 male cats that are 6 years old and have been neutered. They have worms in the bowels, their potty and breath is horrendous, and they "up" hair balls daily. I have MT them and they needed 4 Herbal Pumpkin each a day. I did this for 7 days on and 7 days off, 2 times in a row. The worms are back, their tummies are hard again, and they are aggressive again.

They throw up ALL worm medications, so I couldn't go that route if I wanted to. I am getting tired of the attitudes, smell, worms, and hair balls, and I don't know what else to do. -Leslie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Homeopathic Parasite formula. It will absorb quickly and it's hard for cats to "spit" this out. I would also squirt small amounts of Black Walnut down their throats a couple times a day. Forget capsules and powders. Our pets are smarter than we think. My big, dopey, Saint Bernard can pick a tiny Garlic Oil Capsule out of the middle of a meatball! -Allison
My cats just love Hydrangea and Barley Green sprinkled on their food on a regular basis - I think the barley green keeps them from devouring my plants. I feed Flint River Ranch because it's the best I have been able to find in many years. Shipping is free to individuals (a plus) There was one from New York called Cornucopia (for dogs) that I really thought was great - but delivery to the west was so erratic, that our co-op no longer carries it. A good food is a good starting point.

I think it's easier to wrap a cat in a towel and insert their supplements as suppositories than try to get them past those sharp little teeth! You may want to put them on Black Walnut for several weeks straight. Flax Seed Oil (On food or . . . . ) might help their hair balls. -Georgiana
My outdoor cats got tape worms - vet said from eating mice that have fleas. I now mix the contents of Black Walnut Hull Capsules into their wet food every day. They didn't want it at first, so I cut down, and if they wanted to eat they would get used to it. They did. I tried Garlic, and none of the 4 would eat, so we don't use Garlic. I found out one had the worms because he vomited them several times. I haven't seen that again, but I am continuing to feed them this daily. -Sandi
Get rid of the hair balls first or nothing will ever digest. You can go buy the expensive hair ball remedy or you can use what the vet uses when you turn your back. A big heaping tablespoon of pure Vaseline. Do that about three days in a row. They can't spit it out, it has no taste, and they really don't mind it at all. And it works. Then go with your Herbal Pumpkin, but add a little Psyllium Seeds and some Cascara for bulk and laxative to move those worms out. You may have killed the worms with the pumpkin, but they just stayed in the gut--hence the hard, swollen belly. Make sure they have plenty of clear water to drink, don't put anything in it. They need the fluid to help pass this stuff out of the body. I'd empty some capsules in an empty bottle, say about 4 of the pumpkin with one each of the other and give them about 1/4 tsp. twice a day to start, maybe increasing to ½ if you need to. -Frances Burt
I would be cautious in using Vaseline. This is a petroleum based product. I believe our whole leaf Aloe Vera Juice works just as well for hair balls. Just another idea. -Peggy Day
Which herbs can be used for BOTH tape worms and round worms in cats? Cat vomited both and they were at least 6" long. (He has all shots, etc., but does go outside and eats mice.) Vet meds are at least $60 for first dose and 2 week follow up dose. I now have to treat 3 cats and an elderly dog, none of which are crazy about opening their mouths for pills and capsules. -Sandi
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Try making 'worm balls'. I take Herbal Pumpkin Capsules and open about 12 of them into Brausnwas (ms), it is like liver worst. Make small balls out of it, place the balls onto a cookie sheet, put into freezer until the balls are frozen, then put the balls into Ziplock bags and keep in freezer. Take the balls out, 1 for each dog and 1/2 of one for cat, let it thaw out and feed to your pets. They will be standing around the freezer each time you open it waiting for their 'treat'. . . We had a rock/lab mix that after a trip to jail had to make a visit to the vet for his shots. My husband told the vet to check him over, including checking for worms. The vet took a specimen, came back a few minutes later and took another one. He came back and told my husband
that he had never seen a dog that didn't have some kind of parasites, he said that our dog didn't have one single worm...or parasite. When my husband told me this I said that the only parasite program that he had been on was the 'worm balls' that we had been giving him. A neighbor of ours
gave them to her older dog who had heart worms and the dog doesn't have the heart worms any longer. We live in Florida and heart worms are prevalent. -Gwen Wildes
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is a book with all natural remedies: Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats. From what I read there you need to use vegetable enzymes (NSP's Food Enzymes best fit his description – just open the capsule and sprinkle over food), Vitamin A, Garlic (use Garlic Oil capsules – prick with a pin and anoint a paw daily). He says not to panic and think you have to get the worms out in a hurry – that is not advisable, but counsels to give enzymes, Vitamin A [because the book maintains that a chronic lack of vitamin A is what causes the cat to loose its immunity to tape worm and round worms] and garlic. The Food enzymes will digest the worm, the garlic will make it sluggish and help it move on down and out. For those who wish to feed their pets an organic diet the book is full of suggestions. -Marilyn Navarro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: