Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Upset Stomach

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Cat - Upset Stomach Reply with quote

Cat - Upset Stomach

I am wondering if anyone can help me with my cats. They are eighteen years of age and are on Science diet food and still have loose stools sometime and throw up sometime. Does NSP have anything I could do instead of taking them to the vet? -Martha Ingram Guillory
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Science Diet foods are not what they used to be. My daughter tried the Science Diet for hair balls for her kitties and it did little to no good.

I was giving Flint River Pet Foods, but my kitties started having loads of vomiting and diarrhea. I then tried Ukanuba Cat Food for Hair Balls. IT"S GREAT!!! As long as my kitties don't get into the dog food (ie, only eat the Ukanuba), no more hair balls OR diarrhea. It's kind of pricey, but well worth it.
What the "Hair Ball" combinations do is add fiber to the cats diet - so perhaps if you could figure out how to give them Psyllium, it would do the same thing. -Georgiana
The supplements that Georgiana suggested are good. There can be another reason for an upset stomach. The tap water! Chlorine and chemicals used to filter the water is harder on older animals. It is very upsetting to their stomachs. Chlorophyll is good but kitty may not like the taste of the liquid form as it is minty. Try the NSP capsules. Mix one capsule in a bottles 16 ounce spring water and keep it refrigerated and fill their cup as needed.

What causes diarrhea in older cats is a lack of protein enzymes. The food just goes right through. Proactazyme is perfect. Put the enzyme on the food a few minutes prior to feeding.

There is an organic food that is wonderful. Stops the vomiting too and helps with fur balls. It is Precise. I suggest the Precise Plus as it contains enzymes and probiotics as well as greens. Blessings Suzanne
Suzanne is right. . . . . I didn't think of that. But, let's take it a step further. NO TAP WATER. When we had city water, every animal we had, would develop tumors as they aged. Not one in the last 24 years since we moved to where we have our own well.

We still use Nature's Spring for our drinking water, even though we are on a well -- but our animals now drink the well water and do not develop tumors. -Georgiana
When I use the Chlorophyll in my cat's water it helps to remedy this situation. Also I make the chamomile into a tea and give him a dropper once per week. -Kimberly Balas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: