Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Tumors

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Cat - Tumors Reply with quote

Cat - Tumors

My friend has a 3 1/2 yr. old cat that the vet thought had benign tumors. Apparently they were not benign and one was the size of a golf ball and he couldn't remove all of it as it was attached to the rib. She would like to have some advice to try to reduce the tumor and keep her cat alive. She is picking her up from the vet tomorrow. I think the diagnosis was fibromosis or something like that. I've heard different thoughts on using EO with cats. Thanks in advance. -Jane
- - - - - - - - - -
#1) Do NOT give your pets tap water. The chlorinated water will cause tumors. Ok, for the existing one. . . . . You might try Paw Paw Cell Reg. I have had success with pets using Barley Juice Powder. Lots of it. The kitty MAY just like it because it's green. If so, give it free choice. If not, you can either insert the capsules as rectal suppositories or make a gruel out of it and shoot it down the throat. Or use an animal pill shooter. You put the capsule in the end of it -- put it in the kitty's mouth and hit the end of it. It will shoot it down their throat. Easiest with a cat if you can mix it in something they like to eat tho.

I haven't worked with it with animals (the Barley Grass Powder works so well with them) . . . But, for a cat I would imagine it would be less than people. For people you start with 1, 4 times daily. I've had them go up to 20 a day eventually. For a kitty, I would guess starting with 1/4 capsule or even less, 4 times daily. Then muscle testing once a week to see if kitty needs more. I WOULD give kitty some Barley Grass Powder also for the enzymes. See if the kitty likes either of them -- the Paw Paw or the Barley Grass Powder. Giving a cat something they like is SO much easier than fighting with them. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
My cat has a tumor on the muscle on her right side and I have given her several things among them being:

Spirulina
Barley Juice Powder
Immune Defense
Defense Maintenance
E-tea
COQ10

She's difficult to convince when I put things in her food and I cannot pill her, so it's a sprinkle on her food stirred around. Of course, human grade pet food is a must. -Robin S.
- - - - - - - - - -
About a years ago, my older sister Sarah, who was 18 at the time, and her fiancé Richard (now husband) were planning to get married. they decided that "when they moved in together" they wanted to get a kitten, even though their apartment forbid animals. well, turns out they couldn't wait, and convinced my mom and dad to let her and Richard get a kitten and keep it at our house until they got married and moved to their apartment. so they went a bought a rag doll kitten. which if you don't know, a part siamese somewhat calico mix. she was a gorgeous kitten, blue eyes, creamy off white fur with several shades of brown and black mixed in her coat. We decided to name her Bailey.

My parents and I had already two cats, kudos also a type of rag doll but with grey, white and brown coat and golden yellow eyes and kismet a dark black kitty also with golden yellow eyes, both male cats. so, introducing them was difficult, since we had had only kismet and kudos for years and they were both fairly older than the new addition. sooner or later, they got along, kismet and kudos adored her, they cleaned her and played with her, even though she was so much younger than them. bailey, being the extremely bad-tempered cat she was, didn't like being petted by human, or bothered. we had always wondered why.

Well, after about a year, bailey started acting strangely. she would hide away and wouldn't come near people. she was 10 times more fierce. when we took her to the vet, im was in school. in the middle of the day. I was called into the office to go home. I already knew what was happening. bailey had something. when my sister and mother came to pick me up. my sister hugged me and told me the horrible news. bailey had leukemia. Both my mom and sister we're in tears. my mother told me that kudos and kismet had to be tested, even though they probably didn't have it. turns out, both had gotten it. the vet was shocked. he didn't expect it.

A few months later, we were still trying to prolong bailey's life and make her feel better. she would be off and on, good and bad. one night, when we were having dinner, i went into the "sunroom" where the cats are always lurking about, and i saw bailey, rolling on the ground acting like she couldn't breathe. she couldn't. when we took her to the pet emergency room, the doctors did a scan. she had a tumor in her throat. She HAD had it for a while. they told us that it would cause irritation to her skin. That's why she didn't like to be pet. so that night at the hospital, we put her to sleep by needle. we were all there when she died comforting her, telling her how much we'd miss her. we said our last goodbyes to our sweet bailey.

A few months post that, our other cats seemed to be fine, they were their normal selves, besides the occasional crying and howling for bailey. after a while, kismet started acting strangely. now mind you, he had asthma and was on steroids which lowered his immunity. We all new what it was, but we were all in denial. kismet couldn't go to the restroom, wasn't eating, and would hide away, just like bailey had. he too was put to sleep, the same way. we all stayed there the same way we did with bailey. and we said our goodbyes to our sweet kismet this time.

Now, we have but one cat, kudos, my 20 pound gray and white rag doll kitty, and my best friend.
he seems to be doing good. but a few months ago, we noticed his gums were red and his teeth were rotting. there are three types of feline leukemia: one is a cancerous type, which may result in tumors, which bailey had. One that affects the respiratory, bladder, and intensities of a cat, wic poor kismet had and the last one, a mouth cancer, which kudos got.

Kudos has been doing ALOT better, better than he was before. he eats more, he's more social and all around, he just seems happier. but in these past few weeks that I've been home sick with mono, I've noticed something: kudos has a somewhat hoarseness in his purring and meowing and even when he breathes. I keep him in my room at night and I hear this. Maybe its just cause he's a little overweight, I mean. he IS 20 pounds. is this normal? could this be a tumor in the throat? The life expectancy is 1 in 3 cats get over it completely and 1 in 3 cats keep it in their system but will never die from it, although it would still be contagious to other cats. with statistics like these, its only fair one of three of out cats live. if you could, can you tell me if the hoarseness can or is a warning sign and if there are more caution signals tell me, please? if its any constellation, kudos' gums aren't as red and he is eating tons more than usual, he still has black on the side of his mouth. I think its normal and that he's always had that, but my mother thinks its part of the leukemia. -Kirin
- - - - - - - - - -
Ok, first -- are these kitty's getting any chlorinated water? This WILL give them tumors. Also, we had a vet locally, years ago, that used NSP Pau D Arco Extract for cats with Feline Leukemia. He used the extract because it was easier to get down.

Then another things I've used with dogs with tumors is LOTS of Barley Juice Powder.

Maybe someone else can help more -- but this might be a start. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My cat has a tumor attached to his organ. yes he drinks chlorinated water. I'll stop that. -Theresa
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You might want to consider Nature's Sunshine's 'Paw Paw Cell Reg' -- an anti cancer product. -Georgiana
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: