Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teeth - Extraction - Wisdom

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Teeth - Extraction - Wisdom Reply with quote

Teeth - Extraction - Wisdom

Q: I just had my tooth, wisdom lower tooth pulled yesterday and I can hardly open my mouth to talk or eat. is this normal...and how long for I can open my mouth. I can open it a little but not enough to eat.
-Melanie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you have any guardian essential oil at home, I would recommend putting that on the cheek on the side the extraction was on. This will be a great thing to do: Lavender, ravensara, and Tea Tree will prevent bacterial growth (dry socket), roman chamomile is a great anti-inflammatory. Lavender will also speed up the healing time. Also, if the site is bleeding at all, Lemon EO on a piece of gauze put directly on top of the site will stop the bleeding. Hope this helps! -Andrew
After forty plus years of enduring problems from a lower jaw wisdom tooth flaring up two or three times each year and causing swelling, earache etc., my last bout involved the adjacent molar as well. Olive Leaf every hour kept some of the symptoms down, but when a lockjaw-like condition settled in and I could not open my mouth for a week (losing ten pounds in the week) and the lymph swelling was still so severe I couldn't swallow my own saliva, I caved in to the dentist's advice and scheduled removal. Well, a hydraulic jack failed to get my mouth open far enough to do anything, and two appts for extraction did nothing. Very reluctantly began a course of antibiotics (first time in forty years) to avoid being hospitalized, and response was good the second day w swelling & swallowing improved, eating facilitated but the mouth still not opening enough to allow probing. That seems to be coming around slowly (day five on Clindamycin now) and Thurs I'm to have the extractions. Questions: how best to prepare for the procedure, how to do the post-op care (will swishing Natures Fresh help the healing? or endanger the sutures?), what herbals to take for pain (Yucca?) and any other help/advice from forum members who've been there...THANX -Harvey Vedder
I just had my wisdom teeth removed last February. I'm only 20, so it really wasn't that difficult for me. The only advice I can give is: when you are finished with the surgery and come home, put 2 drops of lemon essential oil on a cotton ball (or the gauze the dentist will give you) and put that in your mouth over the extraction sites. The lemon will help to stop the bleeding. I didn't have any extra bleeding of the sites after I did this.

I didn't have too much pain from the whole thing, so other than what I've mentioned, I can't be of real help. Good luck and I hope that you recover easily! -Andrew
Another remedy is Aloe Vera Juice. When I went to a conventional dentist for extractions, I used to snuggle aloe vera in a water bottle. As soon as I got in the cab to go home I would take a good swig and then saturate the gauze with it. Once the cab driver made a joke about me getting a "little nip". This was 10 years ago, so I did not bother to try and explain. The aloe stopped all bleeding within a few hours and I had no problems.

When I found a holistic dentist, he was very open about trying new things. I told him about the aloe vera and he had the nurse saturate the gauze with it. I went out that evening and had a BBQ rib dinner - though I did chew on the other side.

And last time I went ( last summer) and he wanted to pull a tooth I said I have to come back later because I do not have my aloe with me. The nurse said "Oh, we have some - we use Aloe Vera a lot". You know I was pleased.

By the way, these were ALL previous root canal teeth that had to be pulled. Too late I found out how bad root canals are.

P.S. Orange oil is great for removing plaque and whitening teeth. I sprinkle a little baking soda in my hand, add a drop or two of orange oil and brush away. I do this twice a week. Try it. -Catherine
If it does not help you, it may help other people who read these messages! Back in the late '50's I had to have two teeth extracted. I was sent to an oriental dentist and he recommended the following: 1. Be a vegan the day before and for 24 hours following surgery. Be very strict. His opinion, doubted by others, was that animal products may be one of the causes of dry socket. Eating vegan does not hurt anyway for a short period of time. 2. Use black (Lipton type) tea this way: Buy looseleaf tea. Make tiny tea bags with well washed cotton material (I have used clean, old, well washed underwear for these). Prepare them as much as a week in advance. On the day of surgery, as you leave the house, drop a few of them into a small thermos of hot water. After the surgery, when the dentist says you may take out the packing (cotton rolls and/or gauze to help control the bleeding) swish your mouth with warm tea and replace the cotton packing with the now plump little tea bags--one or two depending on the amount of space you need to fill. Change every two to four hours. Bleeding will stop almost immediately, and swelling will be greatly reduced, if not totally absent.

To the above we as a family have added: Make a mouthwash of black tea, Black Walnut and White Oak Bark. Use after brushing tea for a couple of days ahead of time. Use to rinse mouth after surgery, even before they let you change the packing. Use as mouthwash for a few days after also. Our results? Well, my daughter had to have a plastic surgeon to get out her four wisdom teeth because of severe impaction. She had no swelling, not even over the area where the surgeon had to break her jaw to get the tooth out! She did keep an ice collar on for 36 hours after the surgery, but even so the surgeon predicted horrible swelling, and was totally amazed at the lack of it. She did get a small black and blue mark from the broken bone. On follow up visits the dentist and surgeon were simply amazed. Why the tea? It is astringent and antioxidant. It does not allow the swelling to start. The black walnut and white oak bark kill the germs normally living in your mouth that cause infection and plaque to form. Best o health to all of you! -Marilyn Navarro
My son just had a wisdom tooth pulled. We think that they broke off a portion of the root. He can still see something white in there and he saw the tooth after it came out, he never saw any root. He asked about that, they told him it rotted away. Does that sound right?
Having gone thru many dental issues myself it is VERY important that the whole area is cleaned out where the extraction occurred. Maybe you need to see how he heals and you may also want to check on the Internet about cavitations. Most dentists do not even consider this, but I have had personal experience with this. Good Luck !!! -Kris
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: