Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Mega Colon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Cat - Mega Colon Reply with quote

Cat - Mega Colon

We have a 6 m/o Manx cat that has been diagnosed with megacolon. After 2 enemas in the last week and various laxative type medications, we are faced with surgery, where they would remove most of her colon. My mother is a NSP distributor and mentioned that there may be something herbal that could help her. If anybody knows of anything or where I could find info on using herbs with animals I would really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we don't have much time to decide so any info at all would be great. - -Ronda
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't know if this will be much help, since I'm not sure what a megacolon is, but my experience with an old cat who just could not have a bowel movement on his own anymore, was to give him LB Extract. I gave him about a tsp. every day in his food. About every three weeks, he still needed an enema. I was able to keep him comfortable for another year and a half using this treatment. -Kathy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have worked with animals for many years using herbal remedies. However, I have not come across megacolon. I'm assuming by the name that the colon is enlarged and the animal is unable to control feces. I would first try Slippery Elm, this is wonderful for colitis and control. It is soothing and slows the bowel transit time. It also will absorb toxins from the bowel and eliminate them. If you can give me further information I will try to help you. -Gail Pfaff
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: