Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Kidney Failure

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Cat - Kidney Failure Reply with quote

Cat - Kidney Failure

I have a client who has a cat (young – less than 2 years?), that has been diagnosed with kidney failure. 10 days to 1 year to live. Not doing meds. I had suggested Three and/or Dandelion. After reading that it may stimulate the kidneys she wasn't sure she wanted little ‘accidents' around the house. Are there other suggestions that I might offer? Oh, and this little guy is a ‘picky' eater. TIA -Herboption
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You might try some Urinary Maintenance and Cornsilk or Kidney Activator. Urinary Maintenance is support for the entire urinary tract system; the Cornsilk will be soothing and K is kidney support also. I forgot to mention Marshmallow too. Diet is extremely critical here . . . this recipe was taken from Dr. Pitcairn's "Natural Health for Dogs and Cats" book: 1 and 1/3 C of raw, ground chicken, turkey or lean heart (he insists on raw . . . no comment, I have mixed emotions on this); 4 C cooked white rice; 4 eggs; 2 T cold-pressed safflower, soy or corn oil; 1,500 mg of calcium; 1/8 teaspoon of iodized salt; 1/8 teaspoon potassium chloride (optional, for a saltier flavor); 1 T parsley, finely grated carrot or other vegetable (optional, I personally agree with this); 5,000 IU Vitamin A; Taurine and other cat vitamins (about 5 days' worth; 50 mg level B Complex (or 10 mg. per day); 2,500 mg or ½ teaspoon Vitamin C (he recommends sodium ascorbate). He says to mix in large bowl, serve raw if cat will accept. Otherwise mix all but the vitamins together, bake about 20 minutes and add the vitamins when the mixture cools. The additional comments refer to removing everything potentially toxic to the cat, like food preservatives, coloring agents, insecticides, environmental pollutants like cigarette smoke, car fumes, processed, overcooked, spoiled or commercial foods, etc. because these can add to the stress of the toxins in the kidneys. -Lisa Ayala
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would add Liquid Chlorophyll to the cat's water. Make sure it always has some. If it's not drinking enough, you can give the cat the pill form right down the hatch (where gloves though). I would put parsley in its food. This is due to an over acid body condition. These herbs will help alkalize the body. -Chottsie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: