Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Hair Balls

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Cat - Hair Balls Reply with quote

Cat - Hair Balls

Is there anything that will prevent cat hair balls? -Kaye)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Work a lot on digestion, elimination. Food Enzymes, Slippery Elm, Marshmallow, Chlorophyll, etc. -Lisa Ayala
I have heard several testimonials about using ALJ for hair balls. It not only prevents them, but actually helps to digest them and break them down for elimination. It is also useful when cats get the sniffles. -Susan Agee
"I gave my friend some Golden Salve for some callouses she has and it's doing a great job on them, but she also decided to use it on her cat's sores she had from fighting. It is healing them up great, but she's also noticed that the cat isn't throwing up hair balls any more." -Rob
Q: Other than switching the cat to the BARF diet which I am slowly doing, is there anything herbally that can be done for my cat who has severe hair balls. He isn't keeping any food down. -Leslie Lechner
Enzymes, lots of them...and Slippery Elm.
I'm not familiar with what all is involved in the BARF diet so I apologize if this information is redundant. Try 1 tsp. corn oil on your cat's food once a week--This is supposed to help the hair pass through your cat's digestive system. Even better hopefully someone can let you know of an NSP product? -Regina
I just got an new kitten and was thinking of using Flax Seed Oil or Omega 3. Was wondering if I should give my kitten EFA's. -Tonja Wells
Tonja----I give my cat Omega 3 several times each week.........She Loves it.....And her coat looks so good when I do give it to her.......Also, she has fewer fur balls........ -
I use scissors and squeeze the contents out onto a saucer..........She laps it up eagerly!!!!-V. LeNore Reed
You shouldn't let your kittens eat the Vaseline! This comes from crude oil. It's petroleum jelly. I would give them Omega 3 and some Proactazyme. I would clip the matted hair, it'll grow back. -Charlotte Commero
Open the Enzyme and Slippery Elm capsules, mix them in with wet food. If they turn their nose up at it, give it to them with a meat treat or something else you know they love. 1/3 to ½ capsule should suffice. I open capsules up and give them to my Chihuahua regularly. -Lisa Ayala
My kitties have hair balls too. Thanks for this info. I've been keeping Vaseline next to their water; but, this seems not be working anymore...(even though they like/and eat it.) Also, one has matted hair on her back next to her tail....I can't brush it out......Any suggestions on what will loosen the matted hair so I can brush out? -Diana Lacey Katz
Carefully using small sharp scissors, clip the mat out....It will cause Hot Spots if not removed, and then she will need attentive treatment........Even tho it may give her a bald spot temporarily, it will be better than a Hot Spot.....If your cat will let you , it would be best to cut INTO the mat, NOT nicking the skin.....Doing this several times, the mat will come out, and the poor kitty won't have a bald spot....Most cats won't lay still long enough to do this..........Hope this helps.......I have had to do it for MANY
cats.......Neighbors cats, my own, etc, etc........OH, butter or olive oil is MUCH better than Vaseline......... -V. LeNore Reed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: