Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Foot Infected

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Cat - Foot Infected Reply with quote

Cat - Foot Infected

I took a 5 year old cat in about 3 months ago, since he needed to be an indoor cat. He had many scrapes with animals outside that left him with a very infected paw, and the one toe joint destroyed. He had many trips to the vets and antibiotics before I got him. (He lived in a nursing home, and activated the automatic doors to let himself out.) The vet thought that he would have to amputate the toe, but with good food, RO water, and the cat formula (vitamins), he seemed to heal. Then a few weeks ago, the pad on his foot opened up, and was infected. The vet put him on antibiotics again, which brought it under control. While it was healing, I changed his litter to the rolled paper product, so that nothing could get into the wound. Again this week the pad is all inflamed, and the vet has him on antibiotic ointment. We really do not want to have his toe removed. Does anyone have any suggestions for either herbs that will help him heal, or something else that could be causing the problem. I have tried to think of an allergy, but don't know what it could be. Thank you. -Kathy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It sounds like the infection is going to the bone. Has the vet tried Anarobe? This is for deep bone infection. You could try NSP IN-X formula but at one capsule a day divided into tow doses. Raise his immune system with Astragalus. One half capsule a day. -Suzanne
Your story sounds very similar to mine. My cat is 13 and she started over cleaning her right front paw. I have already gone through everything you have has far as treatment. Then we did x-rays to see if she had a bad bone in her foot. The vet says her bones look fine. Now (tomorrow) we are waiting to get the results back on a tissue sample to see if she has cancer. If so, they want to remove her leg, but from how the vet is talking is sounds that if she does have cancer she thinks it would be best to put her to sleep. I have had her for 13 years and I am looking for some advice myself about the situation. -Shaynae
Dear Shaynae, I posted this message a year ago, and I want to report that my cat's foot is fine. He still has all his toes, and with a good healthy diet, vitamins, RO water and lots of love, he got past all the infections. I hope that your cat will be O.K., and that the tissue samples show no cancer. -Kathy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: