Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Ear Mites

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Cat - Ear Mites Reply with quote

Cat - Ear Mites

Cats and dogs get ear mites. They are not transmittable to humans, but infestations are very contagious with pets in contact with other animals. We have used Tea Tree Oil diluted. I use 10 drops in a tablespoon of olive oil (you can use another kind). Then I take a small eyedropper and squirt it in one ear at a time, instantly covering the opening with the ear flap. I spend a full minute massaging the ear to keep the animal from shaking it all out before it gets into the ear canal and begins doing its work. Massage as long as you can and rub the animal's head to make it a pleasant experience so you can repeat this twice a day for a week. Consistency equals results.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make a tea from Yellow Dock. Swab the kitties ears with this several times a day for a few days. Also give it to her internally - either in a capsule or with an eye dropper. Or mix it in with a bit of tuna fish. They should be gone. This has worked for my dogs. -Peggy Day
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just came by this subject on a vet web site. A few drops of room tempt. mineral oil in ear canal will help. -Paula
Part of why the mineral oil works is because it would suffocate the little critters. -Peggy Day
Swabbing with Garlic Oil, Vitamin E oil, etc also helps. I actually learned this from my vet several years ago for my cats. The oil suffocates them to death. Every now and then I do this anyway to keep the inside of their ears supple and healthy. Besides, the Garlic is good for then. -Cyleste
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a golden retriever and have had problems with her ears for 15 years. I have tried all the stuff the vet suggested without results. After trying several herbs, I have found that Golden Salve works best. -John Raymond
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We have 2 cats. Dopey is my hubby's cat, although he had always liked me. We have some strange things going on for a few months and the last few days it has gotten worse. He was loosing hair, but now it is rapidly and whole sections are gone. It is in no place specific, most tail hair is gone, under the stomach in a diagonal, one paw, behind an ear...and he is a long haired cat. He is black with dark auburn here and there. He has been getting white hair for awhile now, but almost over night it is every where. Here is the strange part. happening as I type this. He is ALWAYS on or around me, like a toddler. He will actually mew and mew and mew until I sit and hold him. (very annoying) He hasn't been one that likes tons of holding and he NEVER asked for it. We called him the snob. Anyway, he tries to sleep with me, he is here now with paws on my chair trying to push his way on to my lap. Ideas?? -Leslie Lechner
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sounds like he's trying to tell you something ;~) I'd get him on Distress Remedy a few days.-Chottsie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: