Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat - Diabetes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sat 16, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Cat - Diabetes Reply with quote

Cat - Diabetes

Is there anything that will work to clear up or reduce his numbers on his sugar. The vet wants to do insulin twice a day. Any suggestions? Would love to have something help him, he is the beloved SIX. Any help would be grateful. -Veronica
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Just like people with this condition, make sure all sugar is out of your cat's food. ( no people food ) Read the label on the food, if the first ingredient is corn or rice as filler change foods. The first ingredient should be lamb, chicken or fish. Remember the story of Francis Pottenger the physician who experimented on over 900 CAT'S? Two groups were fed identical diets of meat, milk and vegetables. But the food for one group was cooked and the other RAW. The cats in the raw group thrived, whereas the cats in the cooked food group quickly began to suffer with major break downs it their health. Conditions like hair loss, liver disorders, parasites, respiratory problems and glandular problems like underactive thyroid. I would continue to work closely with your doctor but change the diet as well - use more raw foods. Perhaps some nice "wild caught" raw salmon- yummm. Since people with diabetes are helped by Noni Juice, I would start slipping a small amount into the drinking water and gradually increase it to an ounce a day. You might also try colloidial minerals in the hope that the trace mineral chromium will provide better uptake of insulin. Also remember that circulation can become a big problem in diabetes, so make sure to encourage lots of activity and exercise. -Jewel
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been told that Thai-Go may work and is less expensive than Noni Juice- Is this possible? And will these methods work to bring down sugar without using insulin? -Veronica
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Diabetic animals require a high protein, low carbohydrate diet. The best solution is a home prepared raw diet with little or no grain. There are plenty of books and web sites on the hows and whys of feeding cats raw food. A cat's body is created to hunt and eat small insects and animals. Ideally they should be offered a meal of small mice and birds. Just as a diet in processed foods and refined carbohydrates causes all kinds of diseases in humans, the same is true for our pets. Dry cereals and canned food sends our cats and dogs to the doctors just as it does us. Most packaged pet food as simply a dumping ground for the meat processing plants. The worse residue; such as gristle, fat, beaks and bones are ground up, repackaged and sold as pet food. I don't suggest you try to make your own raw cat food unless you know what you are doing. You may want to purchase a book on the topic or visit the link posted below. It has some great recipes and photos showing exactly how to grind, mix and freeze the meals. As for diabetes, it is apparently becoming an epidemic for cats, just as it is for humans. Would Thai-Go Help? I really don't know, but I don't see why a small daily amounts would hurt anymore than feeding highly refined packaged food. -Jewel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: